Project MSP Wannabe begins!

zumzumzoom03 said:
Damn wrong answer... I 'm looking for a black mica protege to swap my cf hood for there OEM. My CF Hood is faded and needs some loving and I'm thinking bout selling my car so I want it to look the best with the least amount of money.
How much u selling ur msp for?

11k OBO. It has 75k miles and you may be saying the price is high. I am somewhat negotiable but I do have maintanence records. I have had the timing belt changed, new H&R Springs w/ all new suspension bushings($200), new front and rear motor mount(OEM), new clutch, new updated diff(not welded) also the previous owner lowered it and did not do an alignment and screwed the steering rack so that is brand new in the car, oh and I had the ECU flashed too recently. all and all about 3k-4k in recent maint bills of things you will not have to worry about. Only thing not really worked on it the engine, turbo. The rest is new parts. All done by Jack Giambalvo in York PA.

Attachments

• img014.jpg
    img014.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 139
  • img016.jpg
    img016.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 127
zumzumzoom03 said:
11k OBO. It has 75k miles and you may be saying the price is high. I am somewhat negotiable but I do have maintanence records. I have had the timing belt changed, new H&R Springs w/ all new suspension bushings($200), new front and rear motor mount(OEM), new clutch, new updated diff(not welded) also the previous owner lowered it and did not do an alignment and screwed the steering rack so that is brand new in the car, oh and I had the ECU flashed too recently. all and all about 3k-4k in recent maint bills of things you will not have to worry about. Only thing not really worked on it the engine, turbo. The rest is new parts. All done by Jack Giambalvo in York PA.

Do you have the factory body kit? If so, and if you still have it in about a month, we'll need to talk business...

Month sounds about right as long as nobody else jumps on it. The body kit on it is Wings West body kit. So around the headlights there are some fitment issues. I've heard you can get this fitted better but due to the maint bill have not been able to do that. Also the hood is pretty faded so that is another thing that was on my to do list. All and all the car has lots of potential and is even more rare due to the fact it's a msp and also the WW kit is not longer produced. Oh and I'm not sure how far you are from me but I do work in Taneytown MD. Willing to meet up sometime somewhere if you want.

zumzumzoom03 said:
Month sounds about right as long as nobody else jumps on it. The body kit on it is Wings West body kit. So around the headlights there are some fitment issues. I've heard you can get this fitted better but due to the maint bill have not been able to do that. Also the hood is pretty faded so that is another thing that was on my to do list. All and all the car has lots of potential and is even more rare due to the fact it's a msp and also the WW kit is not longer produced. Oh and I'm not sure how far you are from me but I do work in Taneytown MD. Willing to meet up sometime somewhere if you want.
I'm not sure how far that is from me, but I'm really close to D.C. (about 5 minutes). That's a bet...more than likely I would just put the factory kit back on, and I MIGHT still put the msp 03 kit on my 02 ES...we'll hook up. I don't mind driving!!!

CantCMe said:
I'm not sure how far that is from me, but I'm really close to D.C. (about 5 minutes). That's a bet...more than likely I would just put the factory kit back on, and I MIGHT still put the msp 03 kit on my 02 ES...we'll hook up. I don't mind driving!!!

That was my plan to if the I couldn't resolve the fitment issue. The paint on the body kit is still really good. Funny thing is before I had this car I had an '02 Emerald Mica (Green) ES Protege. Sounds like your on the same track as me. Just PM when you want to race I mean meet up. Taneytown MD is basically near the PA border so we can meet in the middle of MD somewhere.

zumzumzoom03 said:

That kit looks good on your car with the wheels and hood to accompany it :)

zumzumzoom03 said:
That was my plan to if the I couldn't resolve the fitment issue. The paint on the body kit is still really good. Funny thing is before I had this car I had an '02 Emerald Mica (Green) ES Protege. Sounds like your on the same track as me. Just PM when you want to race I mean meet up. Taneytown MD is basically near the PA border so we can meet in the middle of MD somewhere.
That's a bet...keep me posted.

All you need is the wing and you are set. I will let you borrow mine if you want for a minimal fee*

*Currently the only sand mica msp spoiler in the universe.

sanblaster1 said:
All you need is the wing and you are set. I will let you borrow mine if you want for a minimal fee*

*Currently the only sand mica msp spoiler in the universe.
i just got myself a spoiler. i like it very much. same one as yours. just silver. i have to paint it.

boostdprotegelx said:
i just got myself a spoiler. i like it very much. same one as yours. just silver. i have to paint it.

I'm liking the progress on your pro aswell man.

Doh, was that Damions wing? I was going to ask him about it this weekend. Damn you Damian ;)

D-rock240 said:
Doh, was that Damions wing? I was going to ask him about it this weekend. Damn you Damian ;)
yes sir. that is the wing.lol.
i can't seem to find a picture of that wing on a carbon trunk...

boostdprotegelx said:
yes sir. that is the wing.lol.
i can't seem to find a picture of that wing on a carbon trunk...

Ok, that was crazy running into you tonight. Were you coming off 795 from Reisterstown when you saw me? That was some freaky timing! I thought it was just some guy in a Taurus that was on my ass, thats why I shot off at the light. I'm sure once your car is on the road, it will be me trying to catch up to you.

D-rock240 said:
Ok, that was crazy running into you tonight. Were you coming off 795 from Reisterstown when you saw me? That was some freaky timing! I thought it was just some guy in a Taurus that was on my ass, thats why I shot off at the light. I'm sure once your car is on the road, it will be me trying to catch up to you.
lol. my taurus is beast. it's fugly..but dammit i think it's the best car ever. i just got on the blvd, and i saw a pro in front i was like oh cool. i want my pro done..and then i saw the side skirts. iw as like MOTHA FUCKA, that's derek. so i tried catching up and it was funny.

so what's the plan for this saturday. let me tell you what i have to do, and maybe you can plan around that so we can meet. cuz i know me, tara, my buddy korei and maybe his g/f wanna come chill..

i gotta tint tails on the pro at like 9 am. then, at like.. 3-5 pm i have to work for my g/fs dad. then i was planning on meeting you guys...

boostdprotegelx said:
lol. my taurus is beast. it's fugly..but dammit i think it's the best car ever. i just got on the blvd, and i saw a pro in front i was like oh cool. i want my pro done..and then i saw the side skirts. iw as like MOTHA FUCKA, that's derek. so i tried catching up and it was funny.

so what's the plan for this saturday. let me tell you what i have to do, and maybe you can plan around that so we can meet. cuz i know me, tara, my buddy korei and maybe his g/f wanna come chill..

i gotta tint tails on the pro at like 9 am. then, at like.. 3-5 pm i have to work for my g/fs dad. then i was planning on meeting you guys...
What kind of Taurus is it? I had a 93 SHO and I wish I kept it!!! Anyway, was it a pain tunin' ur car after u installed the turbo?

Back