Gota new bike...Need suggestions on roof racks!

JDM-P5

The Jamaican Sensation
:
2006 Speed6 GT
Just as the topic says...I just got a new bike and I need suggestions for a bike rack.
Help!
Thanks!
-Phil

Mad Hatter said:
you have pm. btw, what did you get?

I got it 2nd hand.

All I know is that it's a SPECIALIZED bike.
I'm planning to upgrade the front fork to a shock absorber type.
But for now...I just wanna hit some of the great trails that 'Bama has to offer.

I used to have a Dyno Nsx bmx trick bike....gave it away...lol. Stupid me, it was a $500 bike.

Last edited:
I wonder if I they sell a roof rack for this one! (hah)

Attachments

• blue-side.jpg
    blue-side.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 158
Xport makes one that attaches to your factory rack for about 135.00. Carries 2 bikes with front wheels off. Think it was on performancebike.com. Trimmed the back of the trays off 1 1/2" or so so the back door doesn't hit them when opening all the way.....

zverg said:
rockymounts.com
DSC04082resized.jpg

Ditto. It's cheaper than Yakima/Thule, and bolts right to the factory rack. They look good, and after 1 year they still look new.
It does limit the height that you can "flip up" the sunroof, but if you don't have one, then you're all set.
BTW- sweet looking P5, zverg. (thumb)

Yea, those look cool too, especially on silver- mine silver 2 but no sunroof. Those were my 2nd choice but they were about 250.00 to carry 2 bikes weren't they? Does your back door open all the way without touching back of racks? Still 1/2 of those crazypriced ones..........

Canecreekfreak said:
Ditto. It's cheaper than Yakima/Thule, and bolts right to the factory rack. They look good, and after 1 year they still look new.
It does limit the height that you can "flip up" the sunroof, but if you don't have one, then you're all set.
BTW- sweet looking P5, zverg. (thumb)

thanks. That pic is about a year old now (from the NEPOC spring install meet last April), but I don't like taking too many pics in the winter when I'm on stock wheels :p

It doesn't seem to limit how high I can "flip up" the moonroof. The bolts on the rockymounts rack are a bit long and can be trimmed if they are preventing you from opening the moonroof as much as you'd like. For me, it pushed into the rubber trim a little bit but not enough that I felt like trimming the bolts.

i12drivemyMP5 said:
Yea, those look cool too, especially on silver- mine silver 2 but no sunroof. Those were my 2nd choice but they were about 250.00 to carry 2 bikes weren't they? Does your back door open all the way without touching back of racks? Still 1/2 of those crazypriced ones..........

The back door can open fully when there is no bike on. If there's a bike on it'll hit the rear tire but can still open enough to reach in and get stuff out if you need to. I thought it was like 90something shipped for one. From rockymounts you can get them in multiple colors too.. a lot of colors.

black, silver, red, kawasaki green, blue, orange, "pimp daddy" gold, yellow, baby blue, and pink.

85 dollars from rockymounts. It doesn't come with the lock but they sell it on their site too.

zverg said:
It doesn't seem to limit how high I can "flip up" the moonroof. The bolts on the rockymounts rack are a bit long and can be trimmed if they are preventing you from opening the moonroof as much as you'd like. For me, it pushed into the rubber trim a little bit but not enough that I felt like trimming the bolts.

Yeah, that's what I meant. :)

Saw the locking skewers somewhere for 40 bucks or so for a pair but didn't score any yet....

Back