Do I need a new MAF?

nautical2086

:
1999 Mazda Protege ES
These are pics I took of that sensor thing that got ripped out, Can I just fix those mounting things that got ripped off and put it back on, Or Do I need a new unit? In the 4th picture is where that sensor thing came out of, usualy something that has prongs has like a female port or something to plug into, and that dosnt have that.

Attachments

• maf01.JPG
    maf01.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 115
  • maf02.JPG
    maf02.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 114
  • maf03.JPG
    maf03.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 102
  • maf04.JPG
    maf04.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 103
  • maf05.JPG
    maf05.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 114
CustomMSP came to my house, and We couldnt get that peice off, and the face that mine goes on and comes off easily dosnt make me feel too good.

That is a very sensitive sensor. I highly reccomend getting another one.

You definately are gonna need a new sensor...hos did that happen anyway...and i hope that is a garage computer....keyboard looking like a grease monkey plays with it.

nautical2086 said:
Chill about the ...keyboard, its like 7 years old, lol.
Well I just thought it might be a garage computer....We got those around here so we dont have to run inside if we get into a jam while working on things in the garage....Makes nice to store hella music on as well.My greasy digits have graced that keyboard many a time!

Called up mazda to see if a 1.8 MAF is the same as a 2.0 MAF, and they guy said there different, He wouldnt tell me the product numbers or what not he just said there different.

I cant get mine to read pst 1.8v???? while others reads different. I have a strong feeling my stock MAF is bad. What do you think Black ZZ?

BlkZoomZoom said:
That is a very sensitive sensor. I highly reccomend getting another one.

Back