toyo proxes FZ4....

MSP#735

:
2005 Acura TL
anyone have experience/opinions (good or bad) with these? and how do they compare to the fuzion zri and the proxes4's???

thanks

I haven't used the FZ4 but I know they are a generation older than the Proxes 4's, which I have and love. And they are listed as high performance, whereas the Proxes 4 is ultra high. And at least in my size, the FZ4 costs more.

They're alright. I run them on my stockies. However, I prefer the T1-S!

First FZ4 is the old Proxes 4's.

proxes 4's suck ass compared to the potenza's in dry and not much better in the wet. However, in snow they are much better than potenza's.

The worst point for the proxes 4's are when driving on road that just changed over from wet to dry surface but the tires are still wet. The traction difference is very big between the front and rear. It makes the car's rear end every likely to kick out.

I can't wait to get new tires.

My option would be to get the BFG kdw(s) or toyo ts-1 or yokohama es100. they are much much better tires. besides the kdw are the same price as the Proxes 4's.

they suck for traction, hard as nails after 8-10 months and the tractor tire buzz-buzz drove me insane...

Stay in my opinion. The T1-s arent as hard so they wont last as long but at least the shtick and dont buzz as bad.

-Dean

well, damn....ive heard nothing but good about the proxes4 and now this.....hmm maybe i should consider the Fuzion ZRi???

I shredded my right side tire on Thursday night and needed to get new ones. I called my friend who works for goodyear and told him I needed new tires but had little money because of NOPI in a few weeks. I ended up getting a set of NEXEN N3000 225/45ZR17 for $91.00 each. I must say that I like them alot. It took me abit to get used to the taller sidewall but they grab like a MOFO and it was raining all weekend. Keep in mind I have not autoX with them yet.

Attachments

• nexenn3000.jpg
    nexenn3000.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 736
Are you looking for an All Season tire, or a summer tire? You asked about one of each. You have to be careful to clarify asking for opinions on a forum, and ask followup questions.

The Proxes 4's are great- for an all season tire. They are awesome on my LX, but I would guess the MSP can overpower their traction at the limit, and they have a softer sidewall (add psi). My Proxes 4's work great and after 32K miles I haven't had any aggresive driving problems wet, dry, or both, including some autox (except for launch and uphill start problems with ice and deeper snow). Personally I'm switching to Ziex 512's in October for my winter tire and KDW2's for summer.

A summer tire (Fuzion ZRi) will of course be better in theory. You could also look at: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100697&highlight=tire+comparison

Noclue- was comparing your shoices to Potenza S-03 (I can only guess since he didn't say) which is a max summer tire and quite expensive. I hope he wasn't talking about the Potenza RE-92!

DeanSweet- I think was talking about the older FZ4.

MSP#735 said:
well, damn....ive heard nothing but good about the proxes4 and now this.....hmm maybe i should consider the Fuzion ZRi???

I'm talking about the stock MSP Potenza RE040.

Remember I'm comparing my Proxes 4's dry traction to much higher standards than the LX or the 5's

im mainly looking for an all season ultra high performance tire something like (toyo proxes4) im not for autox i just want a good treadwear rating and an aggressive tread.

SciFiMan said:
Are you looking for an All Season tire, or a summer tire? You asked about one of each. You have to be careful to clarify asking for opinions on a forum, and ask followup questions.

The Proxes 4's are great- for an all season tire. They are awesome on my LX, but I would guess the MSP can overpower their traction at the limit, and they have a softer sidewall (add psi). My Proxes 4's work great and after 32K miles I haven't had any aggresive driving problems wet, dry, or both, including some autox (except for launch and uphill start problems with ice and deeper snow). Personally I'm switching to Ziex 512's in October for my winter tire and KDW2's for summer.

A summer tire (Fuzion ZRi) will of course be better in theory. You could also look at: http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100697&highlight=tire+comparison

Noclue- was comparing your shoices to Potenza S-03 (I can only guess since he didn't say) which is a max summer tire and quite expensive. I hope he wasn't talking about the Potenza RE-92!

DeanSweet- I think was talking about the older FZ4.

MSP#735 said:
im mainly looking for an all season ultra high performance tire something like (toyo proxes4) im not for autox i just want a good treadwear rating and an aggressive tread.

Ya u were in the same boat as me... Get the KDS-W

That's why I was concerned. A MSP, driven as Buddha intended, should have dedicated summer and winter tire sets if possible to make the most of the car. {But then, Subaru puts the bad RE92 on the WRX- go figure}. I'll bet you get some nice smoke from your 4's though, damn my auto tranny. Sigh...

noclue119 said:
I'm talking about the stock MSP Potenza RE040.

Remember I'm comparing my Proxes 4's dry traction to much higher standards than the LX or the 5's

Back