How much is my Miata worth...(going to sell it)

APEXistud

:
1990 Mazda Miata
Here is the post/listing on craigslist and the pics are added below. The question is how much should I expect to get or hope for in Northern Cali.

1990 Classic Red Miata currently at 95k miles, clean title. Car will come with the hardtop and a few performance modifications. Body is in good condition and paint is a bit oxidized on the front bumper and rear lip spoiler. The hardtop will more than likely need to be repainted due to fading. I had planned on painting the A-Pillars and hardtop black. I can refer a good shop if someone is interested in the doing the same. All the parts have been purchased/installed by AutoRnD of Milpitas and added within the past 8K miles and are as follows:

KYB 8-way adjustable shocks $320 (installed @ 88.4k miles)
RS*R Down Springs $200 (installed @ 88.4k miles)
RS*R GT2 Exhaust $420 (can replace with stock exhaust if not wanted by interested buyer) (installed @ 89.6k miles
Endless Vita Nuova Brake Pads $200 (installed @ 93.1k miles)
4 Brand New Factory Brake Rotors $65 (installed @ 93.1k miles)
CorkSport Stainless Steel Brake lines $125 (clear plastic shethed to prevent freying) (installed @ 93.1k miles)
Motul 600 Brake Fluid $25 (installed @ 93.1k miles)

This car has never been Auto-crossed, street raced, drifted, etc. I purchased the car in Anaheim, CA for $5k late February of 2004 and it was heavily oxidized and had 82k miles. After a few Meguiares clean, polish and wax treatments, I was able to bring the paint on the body back, but the hardtop continues to be stubborn. I'm selling it because I need a car with more room. Email or call me for more info or test drive. Must see it in person to fully appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_0349.JPG
    IMG_0349.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0350.JPG
    IMG_0350.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_0351.JPG
    IMG_0351.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 238
  • IMG_0352.JPG
    IMG_0352.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0353.JPG
    IMG_0353.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
That is one nice 90. Keep it if you can!!! You should be able to get at least $5k But please think before selling it. (still missing my 69 camero) It would take alot of $$$ to come close to the fun factor that this 90 already has. Their is no rule saying you can't have 2 cars or 4. Louie

I was going to, but they charge $30 for the used car listings. Call me cheap, but I don't feel like coughing up $30 to list the add.

APEXistud said:
I was going to, but they charge $30 for the used car listings. Call me cheap, but I don't feel like coughing up $30 to list the add.

LOL

What I meant was...they might have a better idea at how much it's worth (wiggle)

Rdshark1 said:
LOL

What I meant was...they might have a better idea at how much it's worth (wiggle)

I just figured that out as soon as I clicked "reply" to your first post. hehe (yawn) Still a little early for me.

Jliao said:
What car you thinkin about getting? :)

I'd hate to say it, but I'm thinking about getting back into a Honda. Probably a 92-95 Civic Hatch. I need more room to work with than my little Miata can provide. I would love to keep the Miata, but money isn't something I have in surplus right now and I'd have to sell my Miata in order to buy another car. The fact that I don't want another car payment plays a large role in this decision. I'm working on saving up to buy a house in the next year or so. Which means I'm switching into super saver mode.

Here is the post on Craigslist
QlvsXrfbfbW7orMoBwV60frrN8gt.jpg

Around here I'd say $3,500-4000. It's still a used 15 year old car. However, I'd suggest thinking about selling it on www.specmiata.com you might get more interest if the body is straight. you have a low-mile 1.6l with a hard top. I'd say you'd get more interest there...

Damn, thhe Civic I posted a pic of above is already sold. So, back to spuare one. I'm probably taking all of the parts off of it reverting it back to stock. I 'll get more money selling the spring/shock combo, SS lines, Endless pads, and exhuast separatly. At least I hope so.

Sorry to see it has to go, but good luck in selling it. :)

MiaTurbo said:
Around here I'd say $3,500-4000. It's still a used 15 year old car. However, I'd suggest thinking about selling it on www.specmiata.com you might get more interest if the body is straight. you have a low-mile 1.6l with a hard top. I'd say you'd get more interest there...
LMAO @ your sig pic!

yeah, who most of them don't like us "young punks" mucking up their oh-so-perfect forums... :rolleyes:

if you guys don't like the M.net forum, come on over to www.roadster-chat.net not a lot of tech stuff, but at least a lot of banter with other roadster owners.

Back