Sirius / XM question

Jalpa_Mike

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 "Grand Touring"
I've looked in all the manuals and online and can't seem to find an answer to this question.... Or, if its even possible.

Is there a way on the CX-5 Infortainment system to have the display scroll when listening to Sirius/XM so that you can see the entire song name and the year it was released?

Attached are a couple shots I made showing what I am talking about.

On the 70's on 7 channel you can see the song title is too long and you can't see it or the year it was released. However, if its a short song title like this one on the 90's on 9, you can see the entire title and year.

Not a huge issue, its just nice to see when songs were released. In the 2014 FIAT 500L we traded in for our 2016 CX-5, you could press a "More" key and it would show the entire song title and year released.

Thanks much!

70's.jpg90's.jpg

The system does not currently do that (stock). It is capable of it, and I believe some folks are working on a script to hack the system allowing scrolling titles, but I'm not sure how progress on that is going.

Just out of curiosity what are people paying for S/XM these days. We just received a reminder for my wife's Honda that it's about to expire and they're going to invoice us $204.88. No way will I pay that much. She only listens to about 6 pop stations but she does like the no-commericals or very-limited-commericals.

You can get a "just music" plan. That's what I have. They also throw in some sports and news channels as well. I've been a subscriber since they first started and threatened to cancel a few times along the way, so I am only paying around $4 a month.

You can get a "just music" plan. That's what I have. They also throw in some sports and news channels as well. I've been a subscriber since they first started and threatened to cancel a few times along the way, so I am only paying around $4 a month.

Great! That's exactly what we're looking for. Thanks for the info.

I've been toying with looking at ala cart plan they have. While It won't save much....I don't listen to more than a few stations. Might be worth it, or might not.

I've been toying with looking at ala cart plan they have. While It won't save much....I don't listen to more than a few stations. Might be worth it, or might not.

Call them up and tell them that you will not pay that much. They will do a better deal if you ask. I have been using Sirius since 2004 and have never paid what they want. Just call them and cry.

After my 4 months free trial expired, I renewed for 5 months for $25 + taxes and when this expires, we'll see but I won't accept to pay more than $6/month. I don't listen to XM more than maybe 10hrs/month so that's the max I'll accept to pay.

I just activated my six month free trial subscription a few weeks ago. I asked if there were any deals for extending the trial period. They offered me an additional six months for $30.

Is there a way on the CX-5 Infortainment system to have the display scroll when listening to Sirius/XM so that you can see the entire song name and the year it was released?

Not a huge issue, its just nice to see when songs were released. In the 2014 FIAT 500L we traded in for our 2016 CX-5, you could press a "More" key and it would show the entire song title and year released.

View attachment 212360View attachment 212361

I'm new here but I came specifically to find out about this too..! It drives me crazy and I anxiously await a solution.

I'm taking our car into the dealer on Monday so they can check the harsh engagement issue when selecting 1st gear after having it in Reverse.

I was going to ask them about this to see if there was any sort of flash upgrade that will allow the information to scroll.

I'll advise after I talk to them.

Mike

I just can't believe satellite radio is still alive and kicking. I used to have "lifetime" subscriptions for my car and my wife's back in 2005 to 2009 when streaming audio wasn't really a thing. But now, the sound quality of streaming audio far exceeds satellite - that, and the price went way up on satellite. When my free trial ends, I believe I will leave it that way. (Gotta admit though, $4/mo isn't bad if all you want is a limited subset of Sirius/XM, especially if you travel).
I wonder why they don't drop some channels and use that bandwidth to increase the quality? In my opinion, dollar for dollar, streaming Pandora, Slacker or the like sounds way better.

S/XM cost

Just out of curiosity what are people paying for S/XM these days. We just received a reminder for my wife's Honda that it's about to expire and they're going to invoice us $204.88. No way will I pay that much. She only listens to about 6 pop stations but she does like the no-commericals or very-limited-commericals.

Yes that is what they want to charge you . BUT just fight them and say "to hell with them" I just paid my sub for just under $100. It is the only radio I listen to and have had S/XM for about 4 years. Just fight them.

Getting this thread back on the OP's topic, it's bizarre to me that this feature doesn't exist for satellite radio. Just got a 2016 CX-5 and spent about 20 minutes trying to figure our if I could see the additional info and, of course, couldn't. Kind of annoying when the 2009 Mazda 6 that i traded in could.

Yep, it is so frustrating! Both FIAT 500's we had before the CX-5 (2012 500 Sport & 2014 500L), had the Sirius radio that scrolled any data that was too long to fit on 1 line. You always got to see the full song title and the year it was released.

The other thing I notice is that the Sirius/XM art work for each channel doesn't appear on-screen either. However, when I plug my 32GB USB stick into USB1, I can see the artwork of the album that is playing.

Mike

The display issue irritates me too. Works great on my 5 year old hyundai.
Has anyone requested a fix or enhancement? I read you can do that but not sure where or how.

How do you like your new CX5? I just bought the 2016 GS model and don't like it at all. I've owned a CX5 before. With the 2016, back up sensor beep is gone; can't figure out how to silence the radio when the NAV system is giving directions (many of us have tried!); I can't use SIRIUS; touch screen is now disabled after hitting 25 kph (before we could use it anytime) and messaging is completely disabled.

Back