New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll)

How do you feel about AA ? ACP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was that even needed to be said? Why try to start the Apple v Android wars?
Pure junk? Yea, OK. Anyone who would say that loses serious points in my book for knowing ANYTHING about technology.

For the most part, we do a fantastic job keeping the Apple v Android wars out of this forum.
I think most of us would agree: let's strive to keep it that way.

Ok, thanks for the positive remarks and comradery and making me feel welcome in the community. Much love ❤️

Last edited:
Says the guy that came in with negativity. [emoji3]
Welcome brother. Just leave your phone bias at the door. Hehehe

Hopefully the implemetation of AA/ACP is done properly right around the world.

Says the guy that came in with negativity. [emoji3]
Welcome brother. Just leave your phone bias at the door. Hehehe

Yeah. I mean, I could say that the last time Apple was at all truly innovative, Steve Jobs was alive. I could say that...

I could say that an expensive paperweight is the Apple laptops and phones that are coming out these days without features people want that are available elsewhere, or who have removed ports that everyone still uses. I could say how bogus a reason their "courage" explanation is. I could say that...

Oh I guess I did.

Anyway, everyone likes what they like. Good thing there is a market for both to cater to both kinds of people. Nothing more needs to be said.

So while or CX-5 is getting fixed (sisters father in law backed into it while it was parked) they gave us a BMW X3 as the rental which does have wireless CarPlay so I've been trying that out. It is nice to not have to plug in and the BMW system with split screen is pretty slick. Also, it's probably going to be similar to how Mazda will work (wifi aside) as it's using a similar control knob set up vs touch screen.

On a side note I really do like the X3.....

So while or CX-5 is getting fixed (sisters father in law backed into it while it was parked) they gave us a BMW X3 as the rental which does have wireless CarPlay so I've been trying that out. It is nice to not have to plug in and the BMW system with split screen is pretty slick. Also, it's probably going to be similar to how Mazda will work (wifi aside) as it's using a similar control knob set up vs touch screen.

On a side note I really do like the X3.....

I have a 17 CX-5 AND a 18 X3. As far as features go, they are pretty even given their different shortcomings

I have a 17 CX-5 AND a 18 X3. As far as features go, they are pretty even given their different shortcomings

Will definitely be awesome if Mazda implements it wirelessly! We'll probably buy the accessory either way unless they are charging too much for it.

Will definitely be awesome if Mazda implements it wirelessly! We'll probably buy the accessory either way unless they are charging too much for it.

Let them get the basics right first (implentation of AA/ACP) then they can go and concentrate on wireless :D

Let them get the basics right first (implentation of AA/ACP) then they can go and concentrate on wireless :D

Right, I'd rather just get it sooner (and be wired) than have to wait longer while they get wireless working..... which I understand to be a challenge. VW was supposed to have it in the '18's but Apple asked them not to release it yet. I suspect it wasn't working well enough for them.

So one thing I do like in the BMW is how they make use of their wider screen. You can do a split screen and have CarPlay shown along side of one of the other options from BMW's system. On my VW it's all CarPlay or all VW interface. I can't say have the sport monitor (boost g and so on) along side CarPlay which would be kinda neat. Though the VW aspect ration is more standard (and larger) vs BMW wide and somewhat short screen. I would say the Mazda's screen is probably the same aspect ratio as my VW just a little smaller.

So one thing I do like in the BMW is how they make use of their wider screen. You can do a split screen and have CarPlay shown along side of one of the other options from BMW's system. On my VW it's all CarPlay or all VW interface. I can't say have the sport monitor (boost g and so on) along side CarPlay which would be kinda neat. Though the VW aspect ration is more standard (and larger) vs BMW wide and somewhat short screen. I would say the Mazda's screen is probably the same aspect ratio as my VW just a little smaller.

I would think that Mazda would need to increase screen size from 7" to say 10" and provide higher resolution which would then allow for the above to occur.

New AA \ ACP Thread (with Poll!)

I would think that Mazda would need to increase screen size from 7" to say 10" and provide higher resolution which would then allow for the above to occur.

Yup it’s definitely not the right aspect for that as is. I think they are using a larger size on the new 6 but I think it’s just bigger and keeps the same aspect ratio. So I don’t think that is something they will be doing. Maybe with Mazda Connect 2 later.

Yup it’s definitely not the right aspect for that as is. I think they are using a larger size on the new 6 but I think it’s just bigger and keeps the same aspect ratio. So I don’t think that is something they will be doing. Maybe with Mazda Connect 2 later.

Only 8" on the new 6.

(iagree) with Mazda Connect 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back