2013~2016 Need CX-5 help with rear brake change

I'm changing my rear brakes on 2016 CX-5

I didn't put it into service mode until after I took it apart. Now piston won't retract into caliper.

Should I take it out of service mode and put brakes back together and start over? Any ideas???

Some people replace the cylinder because there is a TB about improper operation and there's no other fix. Retracting the cylinder is difficult I don't know if it's impossible.

I didn't put it into service mode until after I took it apart. Now piston won't retract into caliper.

Should I take it out of service mode and put brakes back together and start over? Any ideas???
Check the date code on rear disk calipers. Most likely you have original ones from factory which have flaws on EPB dragging. It’d be better off to get a pair of new revised calipers.

Are you sure it’s in maintenance mode?

Any chance you put it into and then back out of maintenance mode after you took everything apart?

I’m sure taking it out of maintenance mode while disassembled would cause problems.

Honestly, ask your nearest Mazda service technician.

Remove the motor. Use torx key turn clockwise on the back of the caliper. Use tools to depress piston back into caliper. Put motor back onto caliper.

Back