LinuxRacr's 2013 - 2014 New Build Thread

hornsfan10609

Certified Mazda Tech
:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege x2
I couldn't fit the Mishi fans/shroud with my mishi rad and stock T25 but my piping runs closer to the rad not back towards the turbo.

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
In other news, after getting the transaxle opened, I believe I found my issue: Looks like the locking nuts came loose...... One of the nuts spinning almost cut through the black end cap!

Last edited:

hornsfan10609

Certified Mazda Tech
:
2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege x2
Wow that's crazy! Did you use new nuts last time? I could have clocked my turbo but the wastegate only has holes for the stock location so I would have had to drill and tap new holes and didn't feel like going through the trouble. Just wanted to have the car back together.

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
I don't remember if "deez nuts" were the ones used last time, or if they were new. This was over a year ago. Let me check the pictures.

EDIT: It looks like sadly, I reused the old ones. :(

Last edited:

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
Stock 5th Gears on top, vs new MFactor 5th Gears on the bottom:

Stock on the Left, MFactory on the right:

Last edited:
:
2003.5 MSP
Damn, those gears look sick! Good thing you got the trans apart before something catastrophic happened.

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
A couple of things:

1. All my pictures are gone! Thanks photobucket....

2. I still have my MP3.

3. I need to get off my ass and put that build transaxle back in the car that has been sitting for over 2 years!

Alamo1

4ever needin' work
:
Midnight P5 '02
Haha! Super resurrection bump!! Sorry about the pics. Flickr hasn't done it to me..... yet...

I'm in the same boat, except I broke my trans last spring and it's been sitting since. Good on ya for getting her back on the road.

:
2003.5 MSP
Yup photobucket sure shat the bed.. Glad to hear you still have the car, hope to see some action soon!!

Keno1542

Yellow Jacket
:
Mazda MP3
Photobucket gave plenty of warning they were going to be doing what they did, going to a paid service.

LinuxRacr

Contributor
:
2001 Mazda MP3
Still in the garage. I have a 2020 3.5L Acura TLX A-Spec for my daily driver, so I haven't been in much of a rush to put it back together. I've contemplated selling the MP3.