How to remove 2 DIN factory stereo?

Vocko

:
Mazda MX-5 NB FL
It looks like this, except I dont have a CD, but that's not important.
Mazda-323-Premacy.jpg

How can I pull it out ? Do I need any special tools ?
Help appreciated, 'cause I need to see if Xcarlink can be connected.

Thnx!

You remove the plastic clips on each side and use ford radio removal tools (u-shaped handles) to pull it out...

attachment.php

k i bought those tool things, and i used them, they worked for about 1/2 an inch on one side then something snapped on the back of my radio and now both sides wont budge

is there any other way to get the radio out? please say yes
my whole dash is already torn apart trying to get this crap out

if you have a stock P5 radio you are supposed to use 2 sets (4 keys total) of the Ford keys on each side [top and bottom].

There is no easy way after that without taking EVERYTHING APART.

If they are stuck, wiggle at them until it comes loose.

It needs to come out uniform on both sides. if you pulled one side out a half inch without budging the other then you'll have to push it back in and pull both sides out at the same time.

I'm not sure why you ripped apart your dash....all you had to do was remove the two trim pieces from the sides of the head unit.

If it is difficult to move, you can also take off the glove box and push from behind while someone else pulls with the tools.

i have a mazda protege 95 and i want to remove the factory radio out so how can remove the dash board to get to the radio

factory protege lx radio removeal

can anybody help me with my problem removing my factory radio out of my mazda protege lx

Hey , I'm about to install a new head unit , does this also apply for a 2001 protege es ,to uninstall the factory unit ?

Thanks in advance

I used the 4 U shape removing tools but I wasn't able to pull the radio all the way.. at one pint it started coming out but then one of tools came off(pissed). I don't know what to do at this moment:(..I will keep trying.

Last edited:
try the other holes, if that doesnt work, like it didnt when i was trying to remove mine
then just get a small screw driver or something and push the little clips on the side back there kinda hard to see but thats how i got mine out...

Finally I got the radio out..I figure it out where the keys needed to press on. It was still hard to get out and I almost broke the radio, since at one point the face came off. :). I just need to install the new head unit.

Thanks every one for the help.

I just removed mine today (01 Protege). It was kinda hazard...I got 4 U shape tools from Walmart, but I still pooch/bent the clips while inserting...well, after all, I removed the passenger storage box and plastic panel below the steering wheel....and stick my hand in there....push the clips.....Guess what? the head unit pops out!!! I was so happy!

i used hangers to try to make due without the DIN tools. in the process of using the hangers i ended up jamming and breaking something on the left side of the radio so that when i actually bought the proper tools only the right side unlocked and slid outward.

Back