Heads up - what is wrong with this picture?

Kornik

:
CX-5 touring (on order)
cx5-2.jpg

?

That's what I saw this morning when I was walking around and had a chance to look at our CX-5 from lower angle.

Noticed something?

Quick check 5 sec. later revealed that all four wheels were severely overinflated - 42psi! One would have thought that tire pressure is one of the things that dealer has to check during pre delivery.

Dealers are notorious for delivering cars with improper pressures. Minimum wage lot lizards look at the tire (Max PSI) and air them up rather than look at the door sticker. One of the first things you should do is check and adjust pressures...

I have a copy of the PORT instructions, among other things, it says to check and inflate tires to 50PSI prior to shipping.

If the PDI was completed properly at the selling dealer, they should have been adjusted back down to the recommended PSI in the door jamb. Some dealers will skip the PDI to move a car faster.

Last edited:
Not surprised by this. Mine were over-inflated as well, but not as much as yours - 40psi.

yeah i had the same problem, lr 44, all others 42.5
called dealer and told them this was very unsafe and they needed to check their stock and call new owners to check their pressure, they seemed genuinely surprised by the info

I got my car last week and had read this prior. Checked my tires. Rears were 45, front passenger was 48, and front driver was an incredible 57. I can't believe I test drove it and drove it home like this.

My 2010 mazda3 was over inflated too, but not like this.

Got mine last friday. After driving all day Saturday, warning light came on with loud beeps. Checked tire pressure and all were in or around 46PSI.

I let the car cool off and the tires were down to 42 psi each. After reading this thread, I am going to lower the pressure down to 36psi and reset TPMS as per the manual.

After you all adjusted your tire air pressure to the proper reading did you notice any noticeable difference in the comfort of the ride? Or did you notice nothing in the way it rode or handled?

I checked mine in morning (cold), 2 pounds over, left it that way because that's where I want it.

Back