Do Blow OFF Valves add horsepower/boost??

If it adds Horses or boost, which brand do you recommend. I DO NOT WANT NOISE Just ponies to run.

I am new at this and appreciate the advice.

thanks

If you're new to installations and motors ect then the Forge is a lot easier to install then the Turbosmart or even the HKS. You have a vacuum tube and you have a recirc tube connected to the BOV. In order for the Turbosmart to fit properly you have to move the recirc tube 90 degrees which is a total pain in the ass if you have an aftermarket intake. I took off my Turbosmart and I'm going with the Forge, I'm running stock BOV at the present moment.

theoretically they do as recirculating air that has been heated from the turbo and dumping it back into the intake produces as higher intake charge. Is it noticeable? probably not, especially with the stock ecu. Most upgrade to a bov for the sound or if the stock valve is leaking at high boost.

The only way you could leak boost from a stock BOV is if you actually up the boost. They're made to hold the stock 15lbs plus a little more (Of course with the bad stock intercooler it doesn't boost a full 15lbs to begin with). The stock really does do its job it's just made of plastic lol.

i would say go with the forge for ease of install and since you dont want any sugnificant sound. I have the HKS running VTA with no problems but i like the noise haha.

The only way you could leak boost from a stock BOV is if you actually up the boost. They're made to hold the stock 15lbs plus a little more (Of course with the bad stock intercooler it doesn't boost a full 15lbs to begin with). The stock really does do its job it's just made of plastic lol.

The stock valves are leaking. I gained psi by installing and tuning mine. Here's the link to driver's test of his:
Stock Valve Leak Test

simple question: can the BOV cause fuel cut?? i'm runnin a Turbosmart dual port BOV on recirc/VTA set-up... fuel cut at highway speeds, normally 4-5th gears over 4500RPM.

simple question: can the BOV cause fuel cut?? i'm runnin a Turbosmart dual port BOV on recirc/VTA set-up... fuel cut at highway speeds, normally 4-5th gears over 4500RPM.

It doesn't cause it but since the stock valve leaks so much using an aftermarket valve and a few bolt ons can get you to the point that your boost is high enough to trigger fuel cut. Or from what I have heard you can get to the point that the stock fuel pump can't provide enough fuel, not exactly fuel cut but it feels similar.

It probably has more to do with the CAI and TBE in your sig. Also, don't just assume fuel cut, as it could be overboost from the exaust freeing pressure on the turbo...

i know someone w/ the exact same mods except the BOV. no problems w/ fuel cut - it's fuel cut! - till he installed a Forge. i'm takin my off and sellin it.

witch adds horsepower

if you want to see it as that, but really none is being added, it was already there just not being used to the fullest potential. what i was trying to say was that if you put on a BOV you wont suddenly spike to 17 or 18 psi for no reason, you'll just hold that original 15.6 psi better. this is with no mods i am talking about just the bov.

?? not sure i know what you're asking but if this fuel cut issue continues after i re-install the stock BOV, i'll assume it's a fuel/air mixture issue.

The factory valve leaks. With our valve the leak is eliminated. The hesitation is caused by one of two things: fuel-cut due to MAP values or inadequate flow from the OEM fuel pump. Going back to stock doesn't fix the problem, it just masks the issue with another problem. Which is a loss of boost through the OEM valve. Which costs you power and reduces the life of your turbo and can increase intake temps which can in turn lead to detonation or timing being pulled which cean lead to higher EGTs which can warp valve seats an kill cats...

Back