I'm trying to remember if it needs one. I am thinking the thermostat is the gasket, but please dont quote me on it. I just vaguely remember going thru the same thing. But silicone pops into my head for some reason.... sorry not much help I know.
I actually wass checking in to see how its going. Its great to see your turbo is going to be home soon. Where u getting it, and which one?
Or refer to below. I edited out the ZM info to make it less confusing.
1. Install the thermostat into the thermostat case
with the jiggle pin and projection at the top.
2. Install the thermostat into the thermostat case,
aligning the projection on the gasket to the
1. If the gasket of the thermostat is damaged,
replace the thermostat assembly. (FS model)
2. Visually check that the thermostat valve is closed.
3. Place the thermostat and a thermometer in water.
During inspection, the thermostat and
water are extremely hot and they can
cause severe burns. Do not touch the
thermostat and water directly.
4. Heat the water and check the following.
If not as specified, replace the thermostat.
Engine FS Initial-opening temperature