NB MX-5 Coilovers for miata

Hi all!
First off I just want to say that I did do some research regarding this question, but most threads I find are fairly old and I would like to know if there are newer opinions out. Alrighty, with that said, let me begin.
I am looking to buy coilovers, hopefully today, that would be perfect for my application. I have a 1999 with 65k miles that is 80% street/daily, and 20% autocross and maybe a few track days. I would like the best coilovers I can get for under a grand. I found a few that I am interested in, but would like some semiprofessional advice.
Tein Street Flex ~$950
FM V-Maxx XXtreme (Sport, the Track are out of stock till late August) ~$815
BC Racing (BR Series) ~$1000 Stance? ~$950ish
I would LOVE some opinions! Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Out of those the Teins will ride best. The BCs will give you the lowest drop and ...yep... the V-Maxx are the least expensive.

When I did the suspension in my old Miata (2001 NB2 base), I chose Flyin' Miata stage 2 set up. My car also did double duty and I wanted something that improved the cornering. I didn't care about the drop, just killing cones. :p

But yeah, the stg2 is Koni yellows, Flyin' Miata springs and FM swaybars. It made a nice difference at the track and the car still rode good on the street. A little over your budget, but you also get the swaybars . It's well worth it (I probably put 30K miles on it before selling the car, No problems ever), and definitely better than those three choices as far as performance goes.

Another coilover option at the $1000 mark is the MeisterR. Quite a few members over on another fourm have them and they get some rave reviews.

https://www.meisterr.com/#

I almost bought them for my NC but opted for Koni Yellows and Progress springs. My reasoning was that I would set the height and leave it so didn't really need that adjustability, the Koni Yellows allowed me to adjust dampning if needed.

Another coilover option at the $1000 mark is the MeisterR. Quite a few members over on another fourm have them and they get some rave reviews.

https://www.meisterr.com/#

I almost bought them for my NC but opted for Koni Yellows and Progress springs. My reasoning was that I would set the height and leave it so didn't really need that adjustability, the Koni Yellows allowed me to adjust dampning if needed.
That's the setup I have but with the addition of aftermarket anti-sway bars and a shock tower cross brace in the engine bay.

Back