2016.5 CX-5: Help me identify this rattle sound

:
2016 CX-5 Touring
When under acceleration and under certain conditions (rpm perhaps?), I get a rattle. It sounds like metal on metal, perhaps causes by some sort of resonance. It sounds like it's coming from the dash or A-pillar but it might be just be reflecting off the windshield. Car is a 2016.5 touring. Any ideas? Thanks!

Check the heat shields, bottom engine covers, pipes and mufflers. Anything that can come loose. Do it when the engine is cold, has been sitting for at least an hour.

Could it be an engine ping? Does it happen under heavy acceleration?

Upvote 0
Could this be related to loose cowl bolts that need to be tightened? This post by @MazdaZoom mentions tightening four bolts and has a pic for reference...

Upvote 0
Check the heat shields, bottom engine covers, pipes and mufflers. Anything that can come loose. Do it when the engine is cold, has been sitting for at least an hour.

Could it be an engine ping? Does it happen under heavy acceleration?
Thanks for the suggestions. Any references/diagrams/videos that would be helpful to identify where those bolts are etc?

It's not when under heavy acceleration, it's under light/medium acceleration and only at certain RPMs (~2.5k i think)

Could this be related to loose cowl bolts that need to be tightened? This post by @MazdaZoom mentions tightening four bolts and has a pic for reference...
Good suggestion, will check!

Upvote 0
Back