Search results

1. R

Drivers side window sliding forward

Hey peeps, I have a 2016 GT AWD and recently I’ve been noticing that my driver side window seems to be sliding or tilting forward a bit when I open and close the window. I can tell because of the slight gap where my window tint is is larger. If I grab the window I can push/pull it. Ask into the...
  2. R

Source for rear brake parts (Kit)?

Hello all, I am in need of some new rear rotors and pads I believe, I'm going to pull a wheel today and have a closer look at them. Anyhow, I live in Wisconsin and would really like to replace them with coated rotors like the Centric E-coated ones for better rust proofing. Anyone know of a good...
  3. R

2016 Driver door window controls?

Hey Peeps, looked in the manual and didn't find what I was looking for so I'm asking here. I have a 2016 GT AWD and I'm wondering about the controls on the driver side window switches. Is it normal not to be able to control the other windows, from the driver side, in the car when the lock out...
  4. R

Eibach sport Gen 1 test fitting!?!?

So eibach has released spring for the gen2s. I emailed eibach about whether or not they would fit on a gen1. Saying that KYB and Koni have the same part numbers for both models as their aftermarket struts. Eibach got back to and told me that it was likely because they havent had a gen1 vehicle...
  5. R

Map Updates???

So there is a new update to the Maps for the 2016 model year but I'm beyond the 3 years of included updates. I can purchase individual updates at $87 or 3 more years for $135. Clearly the $135 is the better deal as it comes out to about $45/year. Is the a better/cheaper way to get updates? I've...
  6. R

Front Dash rattle potentially being addresses soon by Mazda

Took My 2016 GT in to the dealer today for an oil change, 25,000mi service and to have some warranty work done on my rear hatch bolts, they stripped out and are being replaced. I also asked them to look into the rattle coming from the rear hatch area and the intermittent rattle in the left...
  7. R

Winter tires for the Win!!!

Just thought I would share my experience from over the weekend with my winter tires. I have a 2016 GT AWD with Blizzaks WS80's 225/65R17 on winter rims. On Friday I drove to Chicago from Milwaukee to meet a friend and spend the night down there and Saturday morning we were heading to Cleveland...
  8. R

Illumintated door sills, 2016 vs 2017

Does anyone know if the Illuminated door sills for the 2017 model will fit on the 2016's? These are the ones I'm looking at: https://www.mazdaparts.org/mazda-cx5-illuminated-scuff-plates.html They appear to be slightly different shaped then the ones for the 2016's but the 2016's one don't...
  9. R

Weird Hatch issues, Public Service announcment

So a few month back I had the recall work done on the rear hatch lift struts where they replaced them. I wasn't showing any signs of rust but figured I'd be proactive about it. fast forward to last week and I was having a hell of a time getting my rear hatch to close. It was rubbing against the...
  10. R

Tightneing Chassis Bolts???

This as loosely been discussed in other threads but there as been no definitive answer. In the service schedule it lists "tighten chassis bolts" but I see nothing that lists what they should be tightened to or where these bolts are all located. I'd like to check mine as some on here have found...
  11. R

2016 BOSE Speaker Harnesses???

Has anyone come across a speaker harness for the Bose speaker system in the front dash locations yet? I have new Polk DB351's waiting to go in and would like to keep factory wiring intact if possible. I'm hoping the aftermarket industry has caught up by now and there is a solution out there. On...
  12. R

What is this connector for? Possible dash light hook up?

When I was changing my cabin filter I noticed there was a small 2 wire connector attached to a cross member just above the cabin air filter. There is nothing going to it. I was wondering if any body knows what it is for? I have a 2016 GT with Tech and I-active so I have Bose, Navigation and...
  13. R

Cabin Air Filter - Why it needs to be changed!

Just changed my cabin air filter this weekend at 20,000miles. The old one was gross! I don't smoke this is just from driving around. The dust from the chip seal they put on my road a while back may play a part in it but yuck! It took about 30 secs to do. open the glove box, push in on both...
  14. R

JBL Club 3020 3.5" speakers???

I've been thinking of replacing the front dash speakers on my 2016 GT with bose for a while now. After my wife picked up her new MB GLE350 with the Harmon Kardon system, which blows my Bose system out of the water, I really want to upgrade the dash speakers. The muddled highs from the lack of a...
  15. R

Powder Coating Roof rack side rails?

Has anyone had their roof rack side rails powder coated for the first gen CX-5's? I seem to recall a few people having it done. I'm curious as to how they ended up getting the plastic end caps to match. There are very few shops that know how to powder coat plastic, many don't even know it can be...
  16. R

2017 CX-5 Line-up Dealer info

17. R

Tips or tricks for installing a front strut tower bar?

Hello everyone, Just got a shipping update that my UltraRacing Strut tower brace is due to show up tomorrow and I'd like to get it installed soon. Are there any tips or tricks to installing it? In the past I've heard of lifting up so the suspension is unsprung and things like that. Is that still...
  18. R

Rain sensing wipers and snow?

Does anyone have issues with their rain sensing wipers detecting snow? I drove about 2 hours yesterday thru a storm dropping about 6" of snow and my sensing wipers didn't detect the snow failing on my windshield. They either didn't move in the auto position or where on faster then needed on the...
  19. R

2016 GT wheel touch up paint???

Has anyone found a suitable touchup paint for the GT 19" rims on the 2016's? I found two little nicks on the spokes near the center. I have no idea how they got there as I don't recall hitting anything and they don't look like curb rash at all. I suspect another vehicle "shot" a few rocks or...
  20. R

Dealership Lets me down once again!

I just need to vent/rant about my dealer for a minute. I took my car in yesterday for it's last free oil change and to have them look at several other issues going on with the car. I also had the windshield replaced by an auto glass company at the dealership shop so the techs could look to see...
Back