2016 Driver door window controls?

:
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech & i-Activesense
Hey Peeps, looked in the manual and didn't find what I was looking for so I'm asking here. I have a 2016 GT AWD and I'm wondering about the controls on the driver side window switches. Is it normal not to be able to control the other windows, from the driver side, in the car when the lock out button is pressed? If I press the button the only window I can still control is the drivers window but none of the others. Every other car I've owned or driven lets the driver still maintain control while still locking out the other 3 windows. I've been getting into window wars with my 3 year old who recently discovered the she can reach the window switch. I can lock her out but if I want to roll her window up from the front I have to disengage the lock out and hope to be fast enough to get the window up and locked out again before shes trying to roll it down again.

The behavior you're experiencing is normal for all Mazda cars.
You'll be forced to unlock the windows, raise the one next to your daughter, and quickly depress the lock swith before she can roll it down again.

Good luck trying to outsmart a 3 year old!

Again, Mazda doesn't something stupid that other car makes do not.

Back