Search results

1. T

2014 CX5 Transmission Failure

At around 100k, experienced the dreaded torque converter judder / shudder mostly after shifts on hills or above 3rd gear. Put in a little tube of Lubegard Instant Shudder Fixx and that did in fact fix it, but of course, that's only a temporary fix. Went to stealer to have them read the tranny...
  2. T

Totalled 2008 CX9 - Thoughts from folks who moved to Gen 2?

So an idiot kid driving on a suspended license passed me on the shoulder in a fit of road rage in heavy traffic and then wound up hitting me and totalling my beloved 2008 CX9 with less than 90k on it.(drive)(pissed) Thankfully only minor injuries were sustained after spinning nose first into...
  3. T

CX-9 Water Pump Replacement DIY Guide

CX-9 Water Pump Replacement DIY Guide (originally appeared in Engine sub 5/2017 here https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123860369-CX-9-Water-Pump-Replacement-DIY-Guide For those looking to spend a few fun-filled hours changing out their Water Pump, VVT, Timing Chain or Guides...
  4. T

VVT Actuator Solenoid Oil Leak

This is an FYI for anyone pulling their valve covers to be sure to closely inspect the condition of their VVT Actuator Solenoid gaskets. After replacing my water pump and buttoning everything back up, I detected no leaks. Of course I was mainly concerned with the timing chain cover gasket that...
  5. T

CX-9 Water Pump Replacement DIY Guide

For those looking to spend a few fun-filled hours changing out their Water Pump, VVT, Timing Chain on the 3.7L engine, here's a 40 page guide for you. This project was done on a 2008 Touring FWD Please let me know if you find errors or omissions. I have included the service manual pdf as...
  6. T

Backordered Mazda Parts and Lincoln MKS

I am trying to start my 2008 CX-9 water pump replacement project and have run into a parts nightmare from Mazda. According to my dealer, Mazda changed their parts system late last year and the result has been unprecedented back orders. He claims he's never seen anything like it with any...
  7. T

Fuel Pump Replaced at 49k

Minor Stealer rant to follow: Just had to have the fuel pump replaced at 49,000 miles. Died in kid's school parking lot. Classic symptom: cranks, but won't fire. Since it was too blasted cold to troubleshoot much there and I didn't feel like having it towed home, I let the stealer have it...
  8. T

Recirculate Button

Just an FYI in case you get as frustrated as I did recently. While following a badly tuned diesel truck, I pushed the Recirculate button to cut off the outside air. It wouldn't work. After multiple pushes and cursing, I realized that the reason it wouldn't work was because my HVAC mode button...
  9. T

No Beep When Lights Left On

I have a Touring without the automatic lights. When exiting the vehicle at any time (key in or out) with the lights on, I get no warning beep as it states I should in the manual. While in the dealership yesterday to pick up the lame cargo cover I had to take as it was equipment listed on the...
  10. T

WeatherTech Mats - FYI

I happened to be near the MacNeil company store in Illinois today and dropped in to see what the story might be on CX-9 mats. The good news is that the Fronts are done and heading to inventory as soon as next week. They showed me a picture of the driver's mat in place and it looked terrific...
Back