Search results

1. M

Shocks/struts wearing out prematurely?

Hi everyone, Been noticing my 2018 CX-5 with 55k miles having an intermittent thunking noise when driving and groaning noise when backing up. Took it a couple of shops and they said everything is fine and wasn't able to reproduce the issue, Finally a third shop test drove it and informed me one...
  2. M

Need advice with potential dent removal

Hey guys, Hope everyone is enjoying a three day weekend. I came out to my car to see this after parking. Any idea on a cheap fix? I prefer not to spend money I don't have to fix a cosmetic issue. I appreciate everyone for any helpful advice. Thanks
  3. M

Rear Sway Bar options?

Hey guys, Been considering a rear sway bar upgrade to make my daily commute not so boring. After browsing the net, most rear sway bars are for the Mazda 3. Are they interchangeable with the CX-5 FWD? Theoretically they should be compatible? CX-5 Rear sway bar end link options? The OP was able...
  4. M

How to Protect Car Paint?

Hey guys, Hope you all are doing well. Two nights ago, in the work parking lot, some driver scraped both my driver's side door and left the scene. It was dark and I didn't notice until the following morning. I scrubbed most of it the melted plastic off with some paint thinner and there are...
  5. M

What Yokohama tires are these?

Hey guys, So Mazda has the promotion to buy 3 and get the fourth tire for $1, the Yokohama Avid Ascend look pretty decent for the price $540 + tax installed. But I tried searching but nothing comes up for this particular model, only the LX or GT variations show up and not the generic version...
  6. M

Brake Fluid Change Interval 2018 CX-5 FWD

Just came back from the dealership today after an oil change and tire rotation. During the time I was there, the salesman tried to upsell me on the 30K service with premium oil conditioner, fuel additive cleaner, crankcase cleaning service, battery cleaning service, brake fluid exchange service...
  7. M

Gen 1 vs Gen 2 2.5 Engine

Power: 184 hp @ 5700 rpm Torque: 185 lb-ft @ 3250 rpm Power: 187 hp @ 6000 rpm Torque: 185 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm There are the power figures for both engines. Assuming both engines are in the same identical car, how is the updated engine improved over the previous one? In the first generation CX5...
  8. M

Annoying dash board rattling (2018 CX-5)

The car is a 2018 Sport with 5500 or so miles on it. The driver side of the dash rattles when driving over rough pavement and braking. The issue doesn't occur constantly but a majority of the time since maybe 1000 miles or so in. I made an appointment to get this figured out. Do you guys have...
  9. M

Mazdas CX5 auto hold noise

Hey everyone, I purchased a 2018 CX5 last month and I noticed that with autohold enabled, when I step on the gas pedal and the car makes a groaning/screeching noise. That can't be normal can it? Thank you for any help.
Back