Search results

1. O

Rear Koni Yellow shocks

Sold!
  2. O

Rear Koni Yellow shocks

Less than 100 miles on these, and I'm including top hats. Here is the history: I used these for autocross and one track day. Too stiff for daily use for me, and have to be removed to adjust. So I normally ran CS rears set full soft. Then the accident. and my front Koni shocks are gone with the...
  3. O

What did you do to your Mazda2 today?

Well, I replaced my 2. It was a total loss. So I bought this: As the good book (by Douglas Adams) says: So long, and thanks for all the fish!
  4. O

Another driver ran a red light, and I hit her broadside. Popped the airbags on a 2014 Impala, none on my car. Basically, my 2 took out a much bigger car. Me and three passengers (adult males) were not injured, neither the was the driver of the other car. These cars will protect you well in a crash.
  5. O

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="//imgur.com/a/LZ2h1/embed?background=f2f2f2&text=1a1a1a&link=4e76c9"></iframe> My car got shortened today. Waiting on insurance to determine repair/replace and confirm that it wasn't my fault.
  6. O

Mazda 2/Demio Fuel Economy Thread

Latest, just commuting to work. 60% limited access highway at 70+. 8.026 US gallons, 243.4 miles. 30.3 MPG.
  7. O

Clutch Cylinder Replacement

Yes, the master cylinder is inside, under the dash behind the top of the clutch. Mazda replaced my leaking one under warranty. I looked around, and you may have to get it from a dealer. I wonder if this is becoming a common problem that is leading to a shortage of parts. There is bleed valve on...
  8. O

Mazda 2/Demio Fuel Economy Thread

2014 Mazda 2 Sport American model 1.5L DOHC engine bone stock, 5MT transmission 205/50 15 tires on factory rims. 87 100% gasoline 259.2 miles on 8.78 gallons 100% highway: 25% at 80MPH, 25% at 75MPH, 50% at 65MPH (different route back). And, all in the same day.
  9. O

FYI: I pulled a front wheel yesterday, found no measurable wear on the brake pad. CS brakes will dust under heavy (aka road-race track) use, but hold up well. I measured the rotor at 240 degrees F. So, another track day next year for me I love this car.
  10. O

Rusty Rear Brake Drums

After eight hot laps at Hallet Speedway, (10 turns in 1.8 miles or 2.9K each lap), my rear drums measured 140 degrees Fahrenheit (60 C according to Google) after hard use. I would not expect hitting this temp on the street.
  11. O

We were sent out 5 cars at a time, well spaced out. Not racing, just seeing what we could do.
  12. O

Rear headrests are tough to move/borderline stuck

It does help significantly.
  13. O

I took my 2 out for a little drive in the country. (actually I did this two days ago, 5/11/2016.) This is the third run of four at Hallett Raceway Prep: CS rear bar, CS front brake pads, Koni yellow shocks full stiff, 205-50/15 Bridgestone RE71 tires, fresh Motul DOT5.1 brake fluid, . Stock...
  14. O

I changed my brake fluid from the factory DOT3 to Motul DOT5.1. This should raise the boiling point for my brake fluid in preparation for some runs at Hallett.
  15. O

Changing brake fluid

Thanks for the info. I'm going to use a vacuum pump to prevent the bubbles and pull the fluid through, but I will keep the split in mind.
  16. O

Changing brake fluid

I'll use my vacuum pump to empty the reservoir(s), fill with new fluid, and start doing the wheels and then clutch. Just want to get a clean system. Thanks for the advice. I've change brakes many times, but not fluid. Even helped my dad rebuild slave cylinders on drum brakes back in the 60's...
  17. O

Changing brake fluid

Why? I am about to go for a track day at Hallett Raceway May 11th. I normally just Autocross my car occasionally. The organizer recommended I change to fresh fluid, and I thought to go with higher-temp fluid while I was at it. So, I bought some Motul DOT 5.1 fluid for the higher boiling point...
  18. O

The little 2 that could

Time for the next stage. I've signed up for a "track day", private run, at Hallet Raceway, about 30 miles west of my home. This is on Wednesday, May 11th. I'll use my autocross setup. 30 cars, in groups of 5. I will report back the results. Just got to change my brake fluid to higher temp...
  19. O

Gina - the H Street SCCA autocross beast

Well, it got results. 1st in class, 1st in Master's PAX.
  20. O

Gina - the H Street SCCA autocross beast

So, this evening, I mounted my RE71s, clean air filter, Koni rear shocks preset to full stiff rebound (you almost need time-lapse to see the rebound), set front shocks full stiff rebound, and stripped the spare/jack out of the back. Ready for autocross tomorrow. Fun, speed, g-forces, and maybe...
Back