Gina - the H Street SCCA autocross beast

okvol

:
2014 Mazda 2 sport
Here is my list of mods (race mode) so far:
1. Corksport rear sway stiffener
2. Koni yellow adjustable shocks
3. Bridgestone RE-71 205/50 15 tires
4. Sparco green wheels, 6" width (same as stock steel wheels)
5. Fresh air filter, used only for racing

Front tires at 45PSI, rear 35PSI

Street mode:
Swap to corksport rear shocks, set full soft. Koni rears were too stiff for the street.
All season Khumo Ecsta PA31 205/50 15 tires on stock steel wheels.

I'm swapping the shocks each time. I would have to remove the Koni rears to adjust them, and I had the Corksports just sitting there.

So far this year, I've won both H-Street class meets.

Gina is just a steel blue 2014 2 Sport, that looks so innocent but she loves to party.

I'll post some action pictures when I get some.

Not sure if you're interested in buying yet another set of rear shocks, but the AGXs from the last gen Focus work quite well on course, soft enough to daily drive and are super easy to adjust.

Congrats on the success you've had so far. I'm still really uneasy about these cars in stock, but the Konis in front slow the spring rebound enough that Im a little more comfortable with it.

So, this evening, I mounted my RE71s, clean air filter, Koni rear shocks preset to full stiff rebound (you almost need time-lapse to see the rebound), set front shocks full stiff rebound, and stripped the spare/jack out of the back. Ready for autocross tomorrow. Fun, speed, g-forces, and maybe make a passenger or two scream.

Back