Search results

1. Q

Replacement parts at 165,000 miles

I have had no issues with my CX-9 2011 GT except for window motors failing and battery. I had the spark plugs and coolant changed at 80k and want to have it done again very soon at my local dealer. I don't have enough nerve to do the spark plugs myself. Any common sense additional replacement...
  2. Q

GF Performance Chip Kit

Just wondering if anyone has tried this with their CX-9, and if so what were the results. Any other thoughts would be appreciated too. Am I correct that this is really just a resistor that fools out the vehicle's reading to Input Air Temperature sensor? http://www.gfchips.com/mazdacx-9.aspx
  3. Q

OBDII Code P0451- Evaporative Emission Control System

OBDII Code P0451 MAZDA - Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor Malfunction Three days ago the CEL came on when I started the vehicle up leaving for work. The CX-9 ran fine and is still running fine today from what I can tell just a driver. I went to an auto parts place nearby yesterday and got the code...
  4. Q

Trailer Hitch Wiring Harness

So am I correct in thinking that if you have the tow prep package you do not need to run wires back to the battery? Also, is it better to buy the Mazda OEM harness rather than an after market one that would come with the aftermarket hitch?
  5. Q

Leaving The Headlights On After Turning Off The Vehicle

Is there a way to have the CX-9 leave it's headlights on for a bit after turning the engine off? It is nice to have them come on when it is dark outside for 30 seconds or so. My CX-9 replaced a 2005 Buick and it had the option for 15, 30 or 60 seconds before the headlights shut off. It also...
  6. Q

Will the SiriusXM radios in the CX-9 be able to receive the new additional channels?

I'm not really clear if the radio in my new Aug 2011 Mazda CX-9 will be able to get the new "Xtra" channels. The radio is labelled as a SiriusXM model. If it cannot, can it be upgraded with software to version 2.0 to be able to receive them?
  7. Q

Windshield Scratch Repair

There was frost on my front windshield a month ago, and I used a plastic scraper which I have used for years on two other vehicles without any issues. I ended up with two minor scrapes on the windshield that have not gone away with cleaning and washing. Has this happened to anyone else? and what...
  8. Q

Rear Bumper Guard

Three questions about this rear bumper guard: 1) Is this worth adding to the CX-9, and are there any benefits to it besides apperance? 2) Does it really make the vehicle look that much better? 3) How does it stay on?
  9. Q

Voice commands are often not understood

I'd like to know if others have the same problem with using voice commands. Some days my CX-9 does quite well with many of the commands and other days it seems like it cannot understand any of them I say. I would love feedback on how well your vehicle does with them good or bad.
Back