Can't answer phone in CX-5

Just purchased a 2018 CX-5 Saturday. I can make phone calls, but incoming calls go directly to my voice mail. How can I correct this?

Solution
Next step would be to go into the phone subsystem on the vehicle and check the settings in there. See if there's anything set that would possibly cause the problem. I know there's a couple screens of settings, etc. Also if your contacts don't change very often, turn the function OFF that downloads phone contacts each time you start the car. It's helps with boot-up time.
Next step would be to go into the phone subsystem on the vehicle and check the settings in there. See if there's anything set that would possibly cause the problem. I know there's a couple screens of settings, etc. Also if your contacts don't change very often, turn the function OFF that downloads phone contacts each time you start the car. It's helps with boot-up time.

Upvote 0
Solution
That solved the problem! Thanks!

Upvote 0
Yes I did, because I'm having the same problem as of today and reading a comment that says "check to see if airplane mode is on" when trying to answer a incoming phone call, is just noise for the comment section and idiotic.
By the way I figured it out on my end by clearing out the storage for Android Auto APK and setting it back up fixed it for now, time will tell.

Upvote 0
Coming into an 18-month-old thread and spewing venom.

Now THAT'S idiotic and asinine, IMO that is.

YMMV

Upvote 0
How the heck could you be receiving a call if it's in airplane mode? What an asinine comment.
How the heck could you be receiving a call if it's in airplane mode? What an asinine comment.
Op said he could send calls not receive. Obviously it's not airplane mode because you can't do either.
Amode suspends both ways. My mistake, was just throwing stuff out there, maybe to get him checking.
As far as your snarky comment, take it elsewhere. We're here to help others.

Upvote 0
Op said he could send calls not receive. Obviously it's not airplane mode because you can't do either.
Amode suspends both ways. My mistake, was just throwing stuff out there, maybe to get him checking.
As far as your snarky comment, take it elsewhere. We're here to help others.
That's the problem, throwing stuff out there without thinking, the equivalent of TracFone customer support, it hurts the forum and Brand.

Upvote 0
Side note…alfamale has been permanently banned for insulting a fellow Member, disrupting this thread and trolling. Completely and utterly unacceptable behavior. I also want to thank @HyFlyer, @Conrad 16.5 and @wlong01 for standing up to this person. The related posts will remain as a reminder to anyone thinking they can behave in the same way on Mazdas247…Such behavior is against Site Rules and will lead to being permanently banned from this Community.

Now back on topic, thank you.

Upvote 0
Side note…alfamale has been permanently banned for insulting a fellow Member, disrupting this thread and trolling. Completely and utterly unacceptable behavior. I also want to thank @HyFlyer, @Conrad 16.5 and @wlong01 for standing up to this person. The related posts will remain as a reminder to anyone thinking they can behave in the same way on Mazdas247…Such behavior is against Site Rules and will lead to being permanently banned from this Community.

Now back on topic, thank you.
Antoine,
Thanks, I know he was trying to start an argument.
That's why I didn't reply after his last smear.

Upvote 0
Back