Buzzing sound 2023 CX-5

I am loving my new 2023 CX-5 Turbo. I’m at 1,800 miles now and so far I have been very satisfied with making the jump to Mazda. However, there is a slight buzzing like sound, almost a super fast click, that is coming from the engine bay somewhere. It changes speed and pitch with the engine, so it is coming from something that is being driven by the motor. I’m not sure if it is some sort of pump, or pulley, or something of the sort. It is pretty faint, but seems to be a little louder than when I first heard it. It could be something perfectly normal, but I thought I would run it by the folks on here before pointing it out to the dealer. It’s definitely not the tranny but it is similar in sound to a tranny whine.

These threads may be related to the issue you're having.

may be turbo whistling (after 1600 rpms) and the fake engine noise from the speakers (but the latter is more prinoinced and only under heavier load)?

Sure sounds a lot like it
This seems to be related to the high pressure fuel pump. The vibration is getting through and into the cabin. Its normal but really annoying. Some people were able to resolve or greatly diminish the noise by adding insulation but I havent found any pics which show where it was added.

This seems to be related to the high pressure fuel pump. The vibration is getting through and into the cabin. Its normal but really annoying. Some people were able to resolve or greatly diminish the noise by adding insulation but I havent found any pics which show where it was added.
Interesting, my 2022 has been producing the same buzzing sound from the very first day.
I noticed this buzzing tonality or pitch changes with the speed of driving. In other words the higher speed you have the higher buzzing pitch is produced.
Does the fuel pump work harder with the speed increase? If yes then this version can be more realistic.

I am loving my new 2023 CX-5 Turbo. I’m at 1,800 miles now and so far I have been very satisfied with making the jump to Mazda. However, there is a slight buzzing like sound, almost a super fast click, that is coming from the engine bay somewhere. It changes speed and pitch with the engine, so it is coming from something that is being driven by the motor. I’m not sure if it is some sort of pump, or pulley, or something of the sort. It is pretty faint, but seems to be a little louder than when I first heard it. It could be something perfectly normal, but I thought I would run it by the folks on here before pointing it out to the dealer. It’s definitely not the tranny but it is similar in sound to a tranny whine.
I had the same issue. Visit the dealership it is probably a headlight motor. they replaced mine and it stopped the buzzing.

Interesting, my 2022 has been producing the same buzzing sound from the very first day.
I noticed this buzzing tonality or pitch changes with the speed of driving. In other words the higher speed you have the higher buzzing pitch is produced.
Does the fuel pump work harder with the speed increase? If yes then this version can be more realistic.
With 2022 maxda cx 5 we had buzzing sounds from the headlight motor. With my Mazda 2017 cx5 it was a door issue explained here: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10206007-0001.pdf

These threads may be related to the issue you're having.

can you relate to this: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10206007-0001.pdf

No it is definitely the fuel pump. It’s louder when it is very cold out. In the warmer months it’s almost nonexistent. Considering that I have not had a single issue with this vehicle (other than a minor rattle somewhere in front of passenger door), I can live with the “buzz”. As I have stated previously, our 2020 Accord does the same thing in the same conditions. 22,000 miles in and still loving it for what it is!

Back