Splash Guards for 2nd Gen CX-9

:
2021 CX-9 GT
I've been trying to find splash guards for my 2021 CX-9, I'd like to put some spacers on the wheels to bring them closer to flush with the fenders, but want to have some sort of additional protection for rocks and crap getting tossed up onto the side panels. I can find the OEM front splash guards online easily enough, but everyone seems to be out of stock on the rear OEMs (part number 0000-H8-N29) and they seem to have been discontinued by Mazda. WeatherTech and other aftermarket places don't seem to have anything for the CX-9 currently.

Does anyone have a line on a good parts website or shop that might still have some OEMs left in stock? Any ideas if an alternate part might fit (maybe the CX-5 splash guard will fit the CX-9 or something like that)?

Thanks! I ended up getting lucky and found a thread on reddit this morning, someone listed a few dealerships that should have still had a few in stock. A quick call later and I got lucky, should receive them next week!

Serra Mazda, Brighton MI
Russ Darrow Mazda, Madison WI
Nelson Mazda, Murfreesboro TN
DePaula Mazda in Albany, NY has 2 in stock. (Added 18-Oct-2022)

Last edited:
I used Rally Armor. They worked well enough and are cheap
Ditto this. I've had a set on my Subaru WRX and they've worked great.

Oddly enough I'm considering changing my CX-9 over to these as well. The Mazda OEM splash guards work great in the spring/summer/fall but in Winter I've had to be super careful to clear the snow so it doesn't set rock hard in them. The OEM guards have all these nooks and crannies for snow to build up in and can loosen up the wheel well trim if the wheel is working against iced up snow.

I agree the OEM ones look the part though. Heh we'll give it another shot this winter.

Clean & dry the interior of the stock flaps, then spray them with some silicone spray. It may have to be repeated. PAM frying pan spray works as well...I use it on the soles of my ski boots; snow never sticks. Or maybe give the inside of the flaps a good coat of ArmorAll, or a car wax. Say...do one treatment of each product on one flap, and let us know which works best.

Clean & dry the interior of the stock flaps, then spray them with some silicone spray. It may have to be repeated. PAM frying pan spray works as well...I use it on the soles of my ski boots; snow never sticks. Or maybe give the inside of the flaps a good coat of ArmorAll, or a car wax. Say...do one treatment of each product on one flap, and let us know which works best.

Hm, I've never done this, but I think I'm going to give it a try this year. I'll rinse the flaps clean with a good powerwash, spray on some WD-40 and let dry, then apply the same silicone spray I use for my door seals.

Back