Off Topic New Vehicle Time

I drove a 2019 and experienced none of these issues. The data doesn't lie, but there's more to it going on. There is no secret 1st gear power is limited in the RDX via tuning. The car felt strong. I do not know how to reconcile the data vs what I felt driving it, but it was significantly more fun than my cx5 was. Especially the corners.
The seats are much better in the RDX. Not that I have any problem with my CX-5's seats, but the RDX is more conforming.

I cross shopped the RDX and it came in 2nd to the SQ5. Have you ruled that out?

The seats are much better in the RDX. Not that I have any problem with my CX-5's seats, but the RDX is more conforming.

I cross shopped the RDX and it came in 2nd to the SQ5. Have you ruled that out?
Yes. No Audi dealer local. Maintenance is also much more a pain.

I guess, if you don't do it yourself. My Mazda has never been back to the dealer since we bought it.
My temporary roommate's wife has a q5. An audi is not a Mazda. You'll spend more in 1 service visit routine for Audi than an entire year on a Mazda. The DCT also needs servicing, etc. They are very dissimilar cars. The RDX is much more like the Mazda. The Audi needs either a dealer, or a good indy nearby to be viable.

My temporary roommate's wife has a q5. An audi is not a Mazda. You'll spend more in 1 service visit routine for Audi than an entire year on a Mazda. The DCT also needs servicing, etc. They are very dissimilar cars. The RDX is much more like the Mazda. The Audi needs either a dealer, or a good indy nearby to be viable.
SQ5 doesn't use a DCT anymore

Here is another video that makes me seriously question the data from C&D/Motortrend "in the real world". We can argue about the launch on that STI all day, but it doesn't start to pull on that RDX until the top of 3rd gear. My roommate right now actually has an STI (2019), and the car is damn stout in 2nd gear. Launch can suck if you're not a boss at it, and 1st gear with a crap launch is truly trash, but 2nd gear is a monster in that car when boost is built, and that STI isn't doing ANYTHING with that RDX in 2nd gear other than pacing it. Also, look at the rear bumper of that STI on the shifts. The driver doesn't suck, and the launch looked legit.

*FWIW, I raced him in my Prime from a 50mph 3rd gear punch. I could not lock the Prime into higher RPMS, so he put about 2.5 cars on me instantly while the ICE revved up, but once it did, it was deadlocked. The Prime is significantly faster than my CX5 Turbo was. Significantly. I think the RDX will slot somewhere between the two, but that's just "seat of the pants" (and we know how bad people suck at that...."Mah Turbo doesn't lose power when it's cold! Yours is broken!!!!"

Where were all these videos and deeper analysis of the C&D testing methods when you were continually talking down on the RDX in other threads? Lol.

There are a few other websites that report a .3-.4 second difference in 0-60 in favour of the 2.5T CX-5.

In the end it doesn't really matter what websites say, or even what other people say. If you're happy behind the wheel of whatever car you're driving at the time, specs don't matter. Hope your RDX is the one!

Where were all these videos and deeper analysis of the C&D testing methods when you were continually talking down on the RDX in other threads? Lol.

There are a few other websites that report a .3-.4 second difference in 0-60 in favour of the 2.5T CX-5.

In the end it doesn't really matter what websites say, or even what other people say. If you're happy behind the wheel of whatever car you're driving at the time, specs don't matter. Hope your RDX is the one!
I didn't have one, I had a cx5. So I did post and do this. I brought the cold weather issue to light. I also pondered the 6.8 second 0-60's I kept getting. All documented on here. Why did car and driver get 5.8 to 60 and I got 6.8 to 60? Why indeed.

Regardless, I have not smiled as much after driving a vehicle in a long time as I did that 2019 rdx.

Here is another video that makes me seriously question the data from C&D/Motortrend "in the real world". We can argue about the launch on that STI all day, but it doesn't start to pull on that RDX until the top of 3rd gear. My roommate right now actually has an STI (2019), and the car is damn stout in 2nd gear. Launch can suck if you're not a boss at it, and 1st gear with a crap launch is truly trash, but 2nd gear is a monster in that car when boost is built, and that STI isn't doing ANYTHING with that RDX in 2nd gear other than pacing it. Also, look at the rear bumper of that STI on the shifts. The driver doesn't suck, and the launch looked legit.

*FWIW, I raced him in my Prime from a 50mph 3rd gear punch. I could not lock the Prime into higher RPMS, so he put about 2.5 cars on me instantly while the ICE revved up, but once it did, it was deadlocked. The Prime is significantly faster than my CX5 Turbo was. Significantly. I think the RDX will slot somewhere between the two, but that's just "seat of the pants" (and we know how bad people suck at that...."Mah Turbo doesn't lose power when it's cold! Yours is broken!!!!"

As an STi owner, I have a few observations:
1. According to that video's summary, it was 100 degrees and the equivalent density altitude was 5300 feet.
2. It was in Nevada, where the maximum available octane is 91.
3. It was a stock STi.

I wouldn't be drawing any conclusions based on that video. To begin with, Subaru's stock tunes on the EJ257 are hot garbage. You really need to be running 93+ octane gas or the engine starts knocking/pinging. Making matters worse, it was 100F and at altitude. That car was probably down 30+ horsepower from Subaru's advertised levels.

Note that I'm not defending Subaru here in any way. The STi engine is an embarrasment at this point. Still, people are under the impression that they are much faster than they actually are. In perfect conditions, with the right gasoline (and a reflash to fix the awful stock tune), they can be quick, but the circumstances shown in that video aren't promising....

As an STi owner, I have a few observations:
1. According to that video's summary, it was 100 degrees and the equivalent density altitude was 5300 feet.
2. It was in Nevada, where the maximum available octane is 91.
3. It was a stock STi.

I wouldn't be drawing any conclusions based on that video. To begin with, Subaru's stock tunes on the EJ257 are hot garbage. You really need to be running 93+ octane gas or the engine starts knocking/pinging. Making matters worse, it was 100F and at altitude. That car was probably down 30+ horsepower from Subaru's advertised levels.

Note that I'm not defending Subaru here in any way. The STi engine is an embarrasment at this point. Still, people are under the impression that they are much faster than they actually are. In perfect conditions, with the right gasoline (and a reflash to fix the awful stock tune), they can be quick, but the circumstances shown in that video aren't promising....
You're not wrong, they both posted total trash timeslips. That said, the Acura ran in the same conditions...

I have a friend who is my roommate and he has a new sti. Stock it was trash. Cobb stage 2 and an intake and it woke up. That said, the RDX I drove made me smile, and there are plenty running mid 14s bone stock just like cx5 turbos. Handling is awesome, as is a true tq vectoring awd

Weather here has been horrible with snow and freezing rain and temps in single digits, so my driving has been pretty sedate, even for vehicle break in (I break my vehicles in gradually over 1000mi, progressing from driving Mrs Daisy to WOT by 1K, as this is what my Z06 manual recommended, and Ive followed it for the past decade with excellent results in various vehicles.)

So far, the SH-AWD is next level good. Even on stock RS-A tires I literally crawled ip my driveway covered in snow and ice at barely above idle. This thing is an absolute tank. Zero slip and grip, just...steady and sure. The awd is much better than my cx5, and equal to my Prime, here. Where it beats the Prime is at higher speeds, and through corners.

The interior is excellent. All of it. Everything. It is like a cx5 signature turned up to 11. I see and appreciate where my money went vs the Cx5 Sig, in the interior. Noise and isolation are excellent as well. ELS sound system slaps.

The chassis and steering are very very good. This feels full on like my 370z did, but way better body motions. The adaptive suspension is constantly adjusting every 0.002 seconds, and can be skewed through drive modes for comfort or sport. Cornering is extremely flat while the suspension absorbs bumps at speed that have upset every other vehicle Ive taken over them with rattles and jouncing. Again, my money went somewhere tangible.

The 10 speed is amazing. Swift and sure shifts. I have not broken the car in, so more on thst after.

The engine sounds good. Again, more on this after break in.

So far, I am very pleased. It's a cx5 signature turned up to 11...or maybe 12.

Weather here has been horrible with snow and freezing rain and temps in single digits, so my driving has been pretty sedate, even for vehicle break in (I break my vehicles in gradually over 1000mi, progressing from driving Mrs Daisy to WOT by 1K, as this is what my Z06 manual recommended, and Ive followed it for the past decade with excellent results in various vehicles.)

So far, the SH-AWD is next level good. Even on stock RS-A tires I literally crawled ip my driveway covered in snow and ice at barely above idle. This thing is an absolute tank. Zero slip and grip, just...steady and sure. The awd is much better than my cx5, and equal to my Prime, here. Where it beats the Prime is at higher speeds, and through corners.

The interior is excellent. All of it. Everything. It is like a cx5 signature turned up to 11. I see and appreciate where my money went vs the Cx5 Sig, in the interior. Noise and isolation are excellent as well. ELS sound system slaps.

The chassis and steering are very very good. This feels full on like my 370z did, but way better body motions. The adaptive suspension is constantly adjusting every 0.002 seconds, and can be skewed through drive modes for comfort or sport. Cornering is extremely flat while the suspension absorbs bumps at speed that have upset every other vehicle Ive taken over them with rattles and jouncing. Again, my money went somewhere tangible.

The 10 speed is amazing. Swift and sure shifts. I have not broken the car in, so more on thst after.

The engine sounds good. Again, more on this after break in.

So far, I am very pleased. It's a cx5 signature turned up to 11...or maybe 12.
Congrats on the new car! Do you have pics to share?

Congrats on the new car! Do you have pics to share?
Its been nasty out, so not much. Still need to get it tinted and wrapped. I have an appointment on the 14th.
20220223_153825.jpg
20220223_153812.jpg
20220223_153259.jpg
20220223_153243.jpg
20220223_153152.jpg
20220223_132413.jpg
20220223_153528.jpg

Always hated the front look of the Acura, but man that interior is bad ass.

Always hated the front look of the Acura, but man that interior is bad ass.
I agree with you until this trim/model. It looks pretty good IMO, although obviously I'm biased. Thanks!

Also of note, the headlights don't swivel or turn, but they pump out a HUGE band of light L to R vs. other vehicles I've driven, to the point that swiveling would kindof me redundant.

I have 450ish miles on it, still breaking it in, but it looks like my daily commute is a 24mpg affair vs. the 27mpg affair my CX5 was, however, it's been in the 20's and low 30's, so that might be taking a toll, as well as the winter fuel formulations. Highway at 75mph hovered around 24.5 or so. I have not tested the power, really, as I am still breaking it in. Handling and the active suspension and tq vectoring are insane for this class of vehicle though. Super comfy, composed over bumps, and FLAT in the corners with that tq vectoring helping you throttle-on very early. I can live with the 3-4mpg drop in exchange all day erry day!

I didn't go through the entire thread, but how do the Mazda, Toyota and Acura compare price wise?
I'm not asking you to divulge what you paid, but just in general, how do they compare?

I didn't go through the entire thread, but how do the Mazda, Toyota and Acura compare price wise?
I'm not asking you to divulge what you paid, but just in general, how do they compare?
The Mazda is 20% cheaper than the acura, and the Prime, depending on trim, runs from about 10% less than the Mazda after tax credit, to 10% more, after tax credit.

With the Mazda, you get good reliability, and lots of interior features and a good engine. The transmission and suspension and awd are where cost is cut. With the Prime, all the money went to the drivetrain and battery. With the Acura, you get a balanced approach. It cost enough that real money got spent on every aspect, and its very cohesive.

Back