New off-road mode in 2022 CX-5

:
2022 CX-5 T
Has anyone tried driving the 2022 model in off-road mode? We know the difference between the Sport and normal mode is quite apparent but can somebody comment on what the off-road mode actually does to the vehicle and is it noticeable enough? If I had to guess, it disables traction control and sets the accelerator sensitivity to a sigmoid curve to make sure stepping on the gas pedal doesn't spin the wheels too fast. And maybe enhances the power steering a little. I don't suppose the CX-5 has an active suspension, does it?

I would guess that it is just the "hill assist" button that already was present, moved to the "sport" switch and gives a fancy color change on the dash.

Honestly, true functionality does not mean anything. If it looks fancy and has pretty colors, people will be convinced and buy it.

I would guess that it is just the "hill assist" button that already was present, moved to the "sport" switch and gives a fancy color change on the dash.

I watched a couple of reviews on youtube and noticed that the "hill" button is not there anymore. And since Mazda hasn't announced any offroad-specific improvements in their press release, you might actually be right. Still, hoping to hear from somebody with first-hand experience.

Can anyone comment on this who has a 2022 Turbo or Signature? I am just seeing the "VDC OFF" button, NOT the "TCS OFF" button. Does the same button have a 2-press now, so you cycle through the traction systems, or can you not turn TCS off anymore?

I noticed the button is gone too. It was gone also on 2021 with awd and was something like a hill slip icon button/icon. Now that button is gone too.
Possibly they moved it all under the MiDrive mode that is now available since all cx5 are also only awd. Its the old sport button.
normal sport or offroad for the Mi mode.
Cant seem to find 2022 owner manual yet.

Last edited:
Back