Mazda 247 not remembering my login

rockethead26

2019 CX-5 Reserve
:
N. Arizona @ 7000'
Curious as to why this happens on this forum. I am a member of another forum that uses this same forum software and if I ask it to remember me it does, as do all my other sites. I am on a Win 10 machine using the latest Firefox.

I have to type my login every time I come back.

Is there a setting I'm missing or is this a Firefox thing on this forum?

Thanks for any ideas,
Jim

Hello Jim and apologies for the delay and inconvenience...It should remember your login...Let me look into this for you and I will respond ASAP.

In the meantime, I would check your browser settings...I would also try / test different browsers. If possible, try simple things such as shutting down your computer completely and visiting the site after everything has been completely shut down and restarted.

I don't recall many people experiencing this issue...Hmm...In any case, any additional information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ps...I wonder if you're running any Firefox extensions and could any of those be causing issues..?

Following up here...Not seeing any anomalies with your account...Have you had a chance to check things out on your end?

Hi Antoine,

Thanks for checking. I am not running any Firefox extensions (that I know of) and I even have Mazdas247 listed as OK for cookies. It's the only site I have listed there. After experiencing the issue I did that as a "maybe it would help" idea. I haven't checked out using another browser, but since Firefox is my go to browser, It's easier just to type in my credentials every time rather than opening another browser. I am using an ad blocker, but that hasn't affected my other regularly visited sites. It's not really that big of a deal, it just bugs me as a stand out among all my forums.

Jim

Thanks for the update, Jim...I wonder, can you clear your browser cache? Warning though, it might sign you out of everything and wipe your remembered tabs etc. That said, it might help...Please do keep me updated if possible, thanks...Hopefully we can figure this out eventually!

Ps...On a side note, I have the same issue with some sites and not others...Yet I don't have that issue with Mazdas247 (stays signed in on other browsers, haven't tried firefox).

I tried clearing the cache, closing Firefox and reopening. No joy. I have Firefox set to clear everything every time I shut down, but it still remembers my other site's credentials. Thanks for your continued help. At least you see this problem with some sites, too.

So, obviously, the problem lies with my home computer, Firefox or both. I just opened Mazdas247 on my work laptop using Chrome and it remembered my credentials. I'll try Chrome at home. My bet is that it's a FireFox thing, but I still don't see this issue with the other 6-7 forums that I visit regularly. Anyway, this is a non-problem, so don't waste any more time on the Antoine.

Thanks!

So, obviously, the problem lies with my home computer, Firefox or both. I just opened Mazdas247 on my work laptop using Chrome and it remembered my credentials. I'll try Chrome at home. My bet is that it's a FireFox thing, but I still don't see this issue with the other 6-7 forums that I visit regularly. Anyway, this is a non-problem, so don't waste any more time on the Antoine.

Thanks!

Thanks for the continued updates, Jim! Good to know though as others may encounter the same issue...

I'm also using Windows 10 but with Edge browser - no login memory issues at all.

Hello Jim and apologies for the delay and inconvenience...It should remember your login...Let me look into this for you and I will respond ASAP.

In the meantime, I would check your browser settings...I would also try / test different browsers. If possible, try simple things such as shutting down your computer completely and visiting the site after everything has been completely shut down and restarted.

I don't recall many people experiencing this issue...Hmm...In any case, any additional information would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Ps...I wonder if you're running any Firefox extensions and could any of those be causing issues..?
Are you aware, when resetting password, when the system asks a bunch of Questions, we cannot see the line to enter the Answer in, as you large Ads are blocking the line. This is very frustrating. Put some additional space lines under your Question, maybe that might push the line into view.

Are you aware, when resetting password, when the system asks a bunch of Questions, we cannot see the line to enter the Answer in, as you large Ads are blocking the line. This is very frustrating. Put some additional space lines under your Question, maybe that might push the line into view.
First of all, sorry about that…I was not aware and thanks for the feedback!

Is this happening when using a smartphone or desktop/laptop or both? Or tablet?

Is this when logged-in or when using “Forgot your password?”

First of all, sorry about that…I was not aware and thanks for the feedback!

Is this happening when using a smartphone or desktop/laptop or both? Or tablet?

Is this when logged-in or when using “Forgot your password?”
Hi, this is when using Samsung Smartphone.
When forgot password. You just cant see the line to enter your ANSWER, then i played around with it to move the ad up down to see the data entry line behind the ad. Then i entered to answer. But it was frustrating. Maybe just show ads after login only.
Thanks

Hi, this is when using Samsung Smartphone.
When forgot password. You just cant see the line to enter your ANSWER, then i played around with it to move the ad up down to see the data entry line behind the ad. Then i entered to answer. But it was frustrating. Maybe just show ads after login only.
Thanks
Thanks for the response and info, I’m trying to duplicate the issue you’re experiencing but I’m not seeing it on my iPhone…Are you still seeing this issue? I’m wondering if the change I made has resolved this…

Thanks for the response and info, I’m trying to duplicate the issue you’re experiencing but I’m not seeing it on my iPhone…Are you still seeing this issue? I’m wondering if the change I made has resolved this…
Maybe the size of ad had something to do with it or that you have iPhone. I have Samsung smartphone.

Maybe the size of ad had something to do with it or that you have iPhone. I have Samsung smartphone.
Both probably…That said, I’m trying to disable ads from displaying when using the Forget password function you described (if it’s possible) even though I’m personally not seeing ads there…Are you using an older Samsung phone? Is the screen on the smaller side?

If possible, can you check the forget password function again and let me know if you’re still seeing ads there and are they still blocking the entry field as you described..? Also if you can take a screenshot (without your email address of course) of the issue I would really appreciate it…You can post the screenshot here or via private message (conversation). Thanks!

My phone is 3 years old and could be that non iPhone users have this problem, or the ad was just too big that it covered up all the vital data entry input lines.
If i forget my password again, i will capture screen shots.
I am also an I.T. guy, and programmer has choice in the code to say, display this screen window ABOVE all others. That way, the ads are BEHIND the data entry lines. But most programmers dont think of that, as they dont test with ads.
You may want to restrict ads from password reset pages and other critical pages, otherwise, very few people will spend the time like me to dig into this and try to reset password 5 to 6 times. Frustrates people will just leave and go to other sites.
The other thing is one should never need to recreate a new password if they forget. Because people will simply forget that too. What u can do is if they hit forget, send them email with their password in it, so they can login. That's far cheaper and less frustrating, than people tryong to remember dozens of passwords for each site.
Problem solved.
You are a diligent Administrator, thats GOOD!
👍😊

If i forget my password again, i will capture screen shots.
That would be very much appreciated!

You may want to restrict ads from password reset pages and other critical pages,
Oh we are and have been which is why this issue shouldn't be happening...That said, we might be missing something or there's a bug perhaps...Although I have since added a few additional pages to the ad restriction list and I'm wondering if that has resolved this issue.

What u can do is if they hit forget, send them email with their password in it, so they can login.
Good point but it appears the Forum software we use does not handle password resets that way and that may be for security reasons (even though it would be more convenient).

You are a diligent Administrator, thats GOOD!
Thanks for the kind words and for bringing this to our attention, hopefully we can resolve it! :giggle:(y)

Back