2017~2024 All NAV SD Cards are showing up as pirated?

:
18 CX-5 GT
I'm a bit annoyed to say the least. When I try updating my dealer-supplied SD card for my wife's 2018 CX-5 Grand Touring, I get the pirated warning.

This started happening with the most recent update to the Nav software, and happened on the OEM card the car came with (license expired), and two subsequent dealer supplied cards.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with this?

I'd start here.

Mazda Connect

You may also call our toll-free customer service center at 800-430-0153. A customer service representative will respond to your message within 1 business day.

Care to elaborate? Perhaps it could benefit others here in the same position.
Here you go:

Thank you for being part of the Mazda family! I apologize for the delay in response. I understand you are experiencing troubles with updating your SD card. I have provided some resources below to further assist you. if this information is unhelpful, please contact your local Mazda dealer for an inspection to this issue.

https://mazda.welcome.naviextras.com/

https://www.mazdausa.com/siteassets...-5-mazda-connect-navigation-owners-manual.pdf

Here you go:

Thank you for being part of the Mazda family! I apologize for the delay in response. I understand you are experiencing troubles with updating your SD card. I have provided some resources below to further assist you. if this information is unhelpful, please contact your local Mazda dealer for an inspection to this issue.

https://mazda.welcome.naviextras.com/

https://www.mazdausa.com/siteassets...-5-mazda-connect-navigation-owners-manual.pdf

I attempted to update my 2016.5 CX right before the warranty expired back in 2019. At that time Mazda only offered three 'free' updates within the three year period.

In performing the update all seemed to go well. Mazda ToolBox told me that I had one remaining update on my subscription and I went ahead and told the thing to update my card. After it was done I checked the version and it was the same as the version that I thought that I had just updated. I tied it again, and again it said that I had an update available. I did this a few times but never got the card updated. I contacted Mazda at the number I posted above and told them of my issue. They said that my card was defective and that I should contact my local dealer. I did and after they checked with Mazda they told me to come on by for a new card. After I got the new card all was well again and I was able to update to the newest version. I had it in my head that maybe since I got a new card that I might have another round of 'free' updates. Not so. The system knew that I only had one update left on my subscription and that's what I got.

I attempted to update my 2016.5 CX right before the warranty expired back in 2019. At that time Mazda only offered three 'free' updates within the three year period.

In performing the update all seemed to go well. Mazda ToolBox told me that I had one remaining update on my subscription and I went ahead and told the thing to update my card. After it was done I checked the version and it was the same as the version that I thought that I had just updated. I tied it again, and again it said that I had an update available. I did this a few times but never got the card updated. I contacted Mazda at the number I posted above and told them of my issue. They said that my card was defective and that I should contact my local dealer. I did and after they checked with Mazda they told me to come on by for a new card. After I got the new card all was well again and I was able to update to the newest version. I had it in my head that maybe since I got a new card that I might have another round of 'free' updates. Not so. The system knew that I only had one update left on my subscription and that's what I got.

In this case, I can't even make it that far in the process - it pops up every card as counterfeit.

I think it's a software issue with the latest Mazda Toolbox Update.

I have no issue with the latest Mazda Toolbox Update or SD card update.
Try to reload one of your map backups.

Well according to Mazda service alert SA-019/21, your VIN might be locked out now.

1636218304651.png

1636218347069.png

See page 1 and 15 in attached Service Alert 019/21.

Attachments

• SA-019-21.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Back