Has anyone done a chrome delete on their CX-5?

I've got a 2021 Signature and have been thinking of doing the hockey sticks on the side windows, and the piece in the front bumper.
Anybody got any pics of theirs?

I had the chrome piece in the grill wrapped in black paint protection film. I thought it looked great. However, it didn't take long for rock chips to ding it and you could see the chrome underneath. It is a bugger to wrap, too...or at least that's what the detail shop said that did it for me. It's much easier if you can get it off the car. Even with it off, with the creases and bends in the trim piece mean it's tough to wrap well.

tempImagecGLnCe.png

I had a crash last year, so I had the dealer order the darker chrome colour from the carbon edition instead of the standard chrome and I think it looks good. I am a big fan of black vehicles with blacked out chrome. It's not as dark as I had hoped but I do like how it looks. I just wish they had done the lower window trim in a similar treatment so I could put those on to match.

tempImageJ9SEHb.png

I used hyperdip on my hockey sticks and thought they turned out just fine. The color looks real good and blends in with all the other blacks going on. I also chrome deleted the badges and the exhaust tips.

I was wondering if someone removed the chrome strip on the front to have it painted or wrapped? It doesn't seem like you could paint it well on the car as masking looks near impossible to get all the chrome in those tight areas. I imagine the whole fascia needs to be removed including disconnecting the wheel wells from it?

It's good to know that vinyl wraps suffer damage from rocks so I won't use that method. I'd most likely order a spare chrome strip and take it to a paint shop and have imron paint used.

I used hyperdip on my hockey sticks and thought they turned out just fine. The color looks real good and blends in with all the other blacks going on. I also chrome deleted the badges and the exhaust tips.

I was wondering if someone removed the chrome strip on the front to have it painted or wrapped? It doesn't seem like you could paint it well on the car as masking looks near impossible to get all the chrome in those tight areas. I imagine the whole fascia needs to be removed including disconnecting the wheel wells from it? It's good to know that vinyl wraps suffer damage from rocks so I won't use that method. I'd most likely order a spare chrome strip and take it to a paint shop and have imron paint used.
The front bumper needs to be removed to remove the chrome bumper garnish. I have the left and right pieces already removed if anyone is interested in buying them. I replaced them with different coloured ones.

1D2A62DC-D7CA-4544-B322-E3DD5DAAF4D2.jpeg

@AUGM1

Yes
"chrome delete"

Last edited:
Back