Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Bruh... That looks fantastic! Can you list where you purchased the rails and Thule? I'm really interested in that setup.

Thank you MartyH... I live in Italy so I do a lot of travelling and it was a great investment.
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) is for the rails. I carbon fibered them with hydro graphic film.
The thule I purchased a while back... (it was like $450 on Amazon) I had it on my equinox but I painted it with the factory color of the CX-5.
This is the beginning... I tend to modify all my cars. More to follow!
onebklyn.

Thank you MartyH... I live in Italy so I do a lot of travelling and it was a great investment.
https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned) is for the rails. I carbon fibered them with hydro graphic film.
The thule I purchased a while back... (it was like $450 on Amazon) I had it on my equinox but I painted it with the factory color of the CX-5.
This is the beginning... I tend to modify all my cars. More to follow!
onebklyn.
Excellent... Thank you!

Dang we need something like that. Our car felt stuffed on our last vacation trip to Florida with just my wife and kid, plus 2 bicycles on the hitch carrier, plus our dog's crate in the back.

Heres what ive done to my 2021 mazda cx 5
D2D226A9-E70D-4C47-AC0E-4BEB187E333B.jpeg
81AE5A4A-322F-46EC-80CD-24D6BFDA316F.jpeg
CC4FB1DE-FE57-412B-9291-E544473CA8CF.jpeg
564E8AC8-338E-4EFA-8F5F-E2F4A6BF41F6.jpeg

Nice! Lots of tweaks to set your CX-5 apart from others. I've seen that "universal" front lip on AliExpress and always wondered how it would look, but none of them seem to be long/wide enough for the CX-9.

Are the grille surround pieces covers/overlays, or did you wrap/have them wrapped in CF vinyl?
That front lip was from fb, universal, the middle is ez lip, the hood lip is a piece from amazon, that was chipped and i wrapped it in carbon, so as the rest along with the window. Just be careful when you do the universal front lip, make sure to use the right screws along with double side tape, or it will fly on the high way “something that i learned lol”

Please share where and how to order these nice looking mats. Thanks!

8D96CE3A-49AA-4D71-AD64-448FF19F1D63.jpeg
6D33B59A-96F5-4F5B-B325-CB9F083027A9.jpeg
6432841D-99F2-4F23-AC3F-6366ADA786DB.jpeg

Put some H&R’s in my little car, looks ok - a little low in the rear. Unfortunately the spring rate is too much for this model - FWD 2.0 engine - so I’ll have to take them out. Sad!

Thanks for posting. So was the ride just too stiff/uncomfortable?
It’s ridiculous. Like crazy hard just in the back. All the reviews say they are fine, but these are not fine at all. The front rides ok - totally fine. But the back has no suspension at all. I am not sure what we’ve done wrong. There was apparently no bump stops back there to cut down…. I am asking H&R if we had to change the shocks or something. Doesn’t make sense that it would be so stiff really. Back up plan is to get custom rear springs made.

It’s ridiculous. Like crazy hard just in the back. All the reviews say they are fine, but these are not fine at all. The front rides ok - totally fine. But the back has no suspension at all. I am not sure what we’ve done wrong. There was apparently no bump stops back there to cut down…. I am asking H&R if we had to change the shocks or something. Doesn’t make sense that it would be so stiff really. Back up plan is to get custom rear springs made.
Got it, thanks for the insight.

I installed the Carbon Edition dark chrome moldings. Took me a few hours. I found a great video, an instruction sheet for fog lamps with helpful drawings, and wrote up my procedures on it as everyone seems to leave something out. In this picture they look black. They're not. They're a smoky chrome color and closely match the stock wheels. Part numbers are KJM4-50-7K1 and KJM4-50-7J1. Lowest price I found was $86 EACH from partsformazda.com

Carbon Edition.png

Here's the video I used. Even though the CX-5 in it is a 2014 it's an almost identical process. Mazda CX-5 Front Bumper Cover Removal And Installation (2013+ The most important thing that isn't addressed are the four wiring harnesses at the bottom of the valence panel. Mazda is unforgiving with the lack of slack in the wires so you can only move the panel enough to stick your arm in to get at them. It was easier on the driver's side for me to unscrew the component they went to, to free them from the valence panel.

Last edited:
Back