Mazdaspeed3 front caliper parts for Mazda5

I will be picking up a set of Mazdaspeed3 front calipers, cross drilled, slotted rotors and pads tomorrow. I wanted to know if anybody knows if I just need the calipers? Or do I need the brackets as well for the calipers to work on the Mazda5? Thanks

I would get calipers and brackets just to be sure
the problem is is he doesn't have the brackets just the calipers but it's too good of a deal to pass up still. I heard it was just the bolts that I needed not the brackets but I would imagine with any other brake job I've done upgraded the brackets were also needed. I guess I'll just find out and maybe I'll have to order a set of bracket

Pretty sure the brackets need to be swapped. You’ll also need to either remove, replace, or modify the metal shield behind the rotor.

Actually looks like I got lucky and he the found brackets! 🤗.
Curious as to if anybody's actually done a write-up on this?
I'd be up for making a full install thread on it if it's not already on here...

Best thread out there.
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/ms3-front-brake-conversion.123836651/

Kinda useless how-to without pics

Best thread out there.
https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/ms3-front-brake-conversion.123836651/

Thanks for this guess I don't need to do a write-up LOL

From what I understand, the MZ5 wheels won't fit over the MS3 brakes, so make sure you prepare for that as well.

Best thread out there.

Added links to both via our new Resources section...

I have 17-in deep dish aftermarket wheels plus I have 17 in factory wheels not the 16s that it came with so I think I should be fine
The MZ5 17" factory wheels I'm almost positive won't fit. (MZ3 17's will though, and even the 16" MZ3, believe it or not!) But since you have some custom, you'll be okay.

Yeah, depth is the problem. I think 1/2" spacers will get it, it's just personally, I don't like them. I'm kinda old school, and believe that if you need spacers, you have the wrong wheels. Wheels aren't something you want to screw around with, and "make work", if you get my drift.

Sure, lots of people run spacers and get away with it. By the same token, lots of people are alcoholics and still hold down a job. That still doesn't make it a good idea.

I may be wrong, but that's just my opinion.

The biggest I've ever gone is quarter inch so if a quarter inch doesn't do it then I'll have to get new wheels I won't put anything bigger than that on.

I run 1/8inch on the back of my BMW and I've run quarter inch on my eclipse for like a long time and never had an issue but I've never gone any bigger than that.

I just realized after reading your post you said that the Mazda3 17s will fit and that's what I have on there not the Mazda 5 17s. So if that works now I'm hoping that my deep dish 17s work with them!

Back