2021 CX-5 Signature - what's included in SiriusXM?

sugob

2024 CX-5 Signature (US)
Hi, just trying to clarify, car came standard with (as listed)...
1) SIRIUSXM 3 MOS. TRIAL N/A AK&HI
2) SIRIUSXM 3 YR.TFC & TRAV SVC
* I assume this is 'Traffic and Travel' service

Item 2) seem to be for the signature trim only (which I have)

So after 3 months, will the radio channels (stations) stop [item 1)]?

The item 2) will continue (fuel prices, traffic...?) for 3 years - does the latter impact on the built in Navigation system?

TIA
M

I don't use Sirius, but I can tell you that after 3 month my weather (haven't tried traffic) and Nav still works. Though like most cars I've seen, Android Auto/Google maps is so good I've only tested the nav - ick.

Upvote 0
1) After 3 mos, or 2 mos. in my case, the only channels you will have access to are 0 & 1 which aren’t music. 2) I still have access to the travel information and assume that will continue for about 33 more months.

Upvote 0
Hi Hal A. & hal2
Thanks for your responses - I think I originally had it in my head that I had 3 years Sirius radio channels included until I looked closer

Although I quite like Sirius [I've used it in rentals when it was working], I assume I'd need the 'Select' package - it's not worth $17/month to me though I may get it for $5/month for first year then cancel [set a phone reminder for a few weeks before & their retentions may extend a bit!]

www.siriusxm.com/packages

1612144017811.png

Shame Sirius don't allow tailoring [or bigger selection] of packages to remove unwanted services [sport & videos in my case] to reduce the cost - I've enough other sources to play music on mobile phone then bluetooth it to car

Cheers
M

Upvote 0
For 10 buck a month I just subscribe to google music, I guess it's now youtube music. Love pulling up full albums

Upvote 0
Although I quite like Sirius [I've used it in rentals when it was working], I assume I'd need the 'Select' package - it's not worth $17/month to me though I may get it for $5/month for first year then cancel [set a phone reminder for a few weeks before & their retentions may extend a bit!]
If you call shortly before the expiration of whatever retention they offer you & auto renewal would kick in & tell them you would like to cancel because the $16.99 renewal is absurdly expensive, my son & I have both been offered the $5/month for 12 months more than once. YMMV.

Upvote 0
If you call shortly before the expiration of whatever retention they offer you & auto renewal would kick in & tell them you would like to cancel because the $16.99 renewal is absurdly expensive, my son & I have both been offered the $5/month for 12 months more than once. YMMV.
That's what I was hoping might happen, so it's good to hear it has happened!
If they don't & you disconnect, is it known if Sirius maybe come back a few weeks later with a better offer then?

Upvote 0
Hi
Just trying to clarify, car came standard with (as listed)
1) SIRIUSXM 3 MOS. TRIAL N/A AK&HI
2) SIRIUSXM 3 YR.TFC & TRAV SVC [I assume this is 'Traffic and Travel' service]
Item 2) seem to be for the signature trim only (which I have)

So after 3 months, will the radio channels (stations) stop [item 1)]?
The item 2) will continue (fuel prices, traffic...?) for 3 years - does latter impact on the built in Navigation system?

TIA
M
Not all radio stations stop, based on my experience with my Subaru which has the same deal, 3 months full access, then 3 years traffic, weather, etc. There are some basic news and talk stations supplied. I use is NPR Now and BBC World News on occassion, but mostly just use CarPlay or plain old FM. I believe there are no music stations, except the sampler channel.

Upvote 0
That's what I was hoping might happen, so it's good to hear it has happened!
If they don't & you disconnect, is it known if Sirius maybe come back a few weeks later with a better offer then?
They badgered me quite a bit when I let the trial expire. Whatever renewal deal they offer always includes auto renewal at the then "going rate" after the renewal period. You just need to be diligent & cancel before the absurd "going rate" kicks in. When I went to cancel via my online Sirius account they presented me with a number of retention options. If you still want to cancel they require you to talk to a "human".

You need to be stubborn if they don't give you a deal that's acceptable. On my previous VW I cancelled & restarted several times.

Upvote 0

You need to be stubborn if they don't give you a deal that's acceptable. On my previous VW I cancelled & restarted several times.

^^^ This.

XM needs you as a subscriber because subscriber numbers sell advertising. The more subscribers the more money they can charge for the ADs. XM is feeling the pressure from Spotify for streaming entertainment since most every mobile plan now is unlimited data. XM needs to deliver to the shareholders.

The company stock is about as bad as GME was (shout out to /r/wallstreetbets)

TLDR; If you are paying more than $5 per month for XM -- you are paying too much, call and ask to cancel your service - they will offer the reduced price to you.

my favorite method "I am evaluating my entertainment budget and XM is simply too much so I need to cancel." followed by "Yeah it is a great service, and I would enjoy it, but the cost is too much."

Upvote 0
Just renewed yet again $5/month for 12 months, 2 days before the $16.99 renewal would kick in.
I'm ok with $5/month. It's not worth more than that to me. NEVER allow it to auto renew at the then going rate. They will always offer you a better deal.

Upvote 0
I've been getting Sirius/XM cheap for the last 10 years. You just have to call them after your subscription expires and tell them you want to cancel, tell them it's not worth it. They will hem and haw and then offer you a special. I usually get 6 months for $29.00.

I heard that they have a music only offering that's pretty cheap but I've haven't been able to get any info on it.

ps: never give them a credit card, have them mail you an invoice.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info
I've had the car ~1 month [of 3 months free trial] and got email from SiriusXm indicating I can 'Extend your trial' to 'Get 3 More Months FREE' for 'a $2 processing fee applies' & following it's link I think it said elsewhere 'credit card required' so they are trying to extract my cc from me gently!
Is this offer likely to remain open until the end of my 3 months trial...or will it improve?
As I'll probably go the $5/month for 12 months then cancel if I can't renew the same, the $2 for 3 months seems tempting

Upvote 0
Thanks for the info
I've had the car ~1 month [of 3 months free trial] and got email from SiriusXm indicating I can 'Extend your trial' to 'Get 3 More Months FREE' for 'a $2 processing fee applies' & following it's link I think it said elsewhere 'credit card required' so they are trying to extract my cc from me gently!
Is this offer likely to remain open until the end of my 3 months trial...or will it improve?
As I'll probably go the $5/month for 12 months then cancel if I can't renew the same, the $2 for 3 months seems tempting
Just wait, you'll be deluged with offers from Sirius. Just act like it's not important to you and watch them scramble to keep you. They know they're losing subscribers due to streaming music on phones, spotify, pandora, etc.

Like I said before -- never give them your CC info or you will be automatically renewed at a ridiculous charge.

Upvote 0
So after 3 month the Sirius radio stopped working. I renewed [they kept sending similar offers] for the $5/12months then got shown the [news to me] 'US Music Royalty Fee' of ~21%, so $72 (+ shrapenel) for the year - softened the blow with following offer of a free amazon echo dot 3rd gen and was emailed the code that worked on amazon (listed at $40 - couldn't use this as a credit to the newer 4th gen)
SiriusXM $5/12months + Free Amazon Echo Dot (3rdGen)
Had to use CC [sorry #wlong01]...but I have set a reminder for 11months from now!

It was surprising confusing getting radio working again as had to get their site to send the 'refresh signal'. Made more confusing by my radio id looking like it was all letters - it was except for the second last is number '0' so site rejected me entering letter 'O'...nothing is obvious, except maybe in retrospect!

Upvote 0
Back