What have you done to your Miata today?

With the help of a Dremel, I was able to save a little piece of Emilia (my former NC). By sanding down the inner lip I was able to re-use the IL Motorsports brake fluid reservoir cap.

index.php

Over the Labor Day weekend I gave him a wash and made some lighting changes. Installed the suite of CarbonMiata smoked LED units. They include the license plate lights, front and rear bumper markers and sequential side markers. I also installed their sequential rear turn signals. And in exciting news (to me anyway) the cool breeze scoop for the NC was a direct fit for the ND! :) Well, kinda sorta. The fit in the weather seal isn't as tight as it was on the NC but it didn't require any modification. I've been up to 55mph and it hasn't moved, let's see how it fares on the highway tomorrow.

Took advantage of some Labor Day sales and ordered LED front turn signals, an LED dome light and LED trunk light from TRS. Ordered some resistors from VLEDs for the front turn signals. For the engine bay I got the CravenSpeed oil dipstick handle and JBRs battery tie down and sill plates.

Ghost - Labor Day 2020.jpeg
Ghost - Labor Day 2020 2 - Cool Breeze Sccop.jpeg

Of course I will take some pics. ;)

Installed the OEM cargo net. Smaller than the NC cargo net but big enough to hold what I need. Picked up a FSTB install kit as well so I can install my new-to-me Megan Racing FSTB.

Congratulations on the new ride Jeff. We're finally back in port so I can follow along what everyone else is doing. The most I have done for mine is ask the wife to start her up. Three more months before I can get back in the saddle.

Thanks Mike! Happy to hear you made it back safe! Those three months will be over before you know it.

Over the weekend, I drove up to CT to meet Bazooka Joe for a car show. Had a great time! Got a CravenSpeed stubby, MX-5 Things wind blocker, Megan Racing FSTB and some stainless steel door latch covers from him. Got all installed minus the FSTB. Have to install the cowl bracket sitting in the garage first.

Ordered a donut gasket from GWR earlier today....:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

The other night I walked in the door and surprised Tam in the kitchen. She turned around and said "The one thing I don't like about your new car is that I can't hear you coming down the street". I took this as permission to do something about it so along with the gasket, I ordered a Roadster Sport Super Street Single Tip (a.k.a SSST) from GWR. :giggle:

After dinner I finally got my Morimoto X-VF LED 5500K front turn signals installed. To prevent hyperflash I installed a pair of MX-5 Things 4 Ohm 50w resistors in the trunk. I wasn't crazy about drilling small holes in the trunk so I re-used the bases that came on the resistors with the Carbon Miata sequential rear turn signals. I applied some new 3M tape to secure them in the trunk. Worked out perfectly.

Last edited:
Added so chromoly bracing from Piercemotorsports.

Attachments

• 2D746415-9DFA-4929-98C5-07CE53F31067.jpeg
    2D746415-9DFA-4929-98C5-07CE53F31067.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 104
  • 773F8436-E395-4C39-8CFD-AEB47B7750AA.jpeg
    773F8436-E395-4C39-8CFD-AEB47B7750AA.jpeg
    356.9 KB · Views: 101
  • 4D716E43-F653-4837-964E-EF2E031F2053.jpeg
    4D716E43-F653-4837-964E-EF2E031F2053.jpeg
    292.5 KB · Views: 105
Nice Mark! Notice any difference from the Megan FSTB? BTW it is still sitting on the worktable in my garage. Sadly, I'm just not physically up to it yet. More than likely I will be paying someone to install my muffler when it comes in too. :(

Added some interior bling today, an aluminum blue push start button overlay. Nothing major but it offers a nice contrast in color to the dash.

Mark, what's the last pic brace for?

Sooo, finally got some parts in for Mia so I can fix the raccoon damage.

New AC condenser
New CSF Rad
New front under tray
New Rad hoses
New Water pump

Haven't had a chance to get it in the track since install, but on the road it feels the same...still pretty tight and corners great

Nice! Have does the ND feel now with the bracing?

Mark, what's the last pic brace
Sooo, finally got some parts in for Mia so I can fix the raccoon damage.

New AC condenser
New CSF Rad
New front under tray
New Rad hoses
New Water pump
Nice!!
K brace goes here

Attachments

• IMG_8824.jpg
    IMG_8824.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 107
Back