2020 Mazda CX-5 Debadge

Im looking to remove the CX-5 and Skyactive emblems from the back of my 2020 CX-5. (Keeping the Mazda logo). Does anyone know if there's placement holes behind the emblems or are they held on with adhesive tape. I'm finding conflicting information online. Thanks for the help.

Call a Mazda dealer(s) with a body shop and ask. Or, call a Mazda parts department and ask them. My guess is adhesive except for the Mazda badge.

Im looking to remove the CX-5 and Skyactive emblems from the back of my 2020 CX-5. (Keeping the Mazda logo). Does anyone know if there's placement holes behind the emblems or are they held on with adhesive tape. I'm finding conflicting information online. Thanks for the help.
If I remember it correctly, on gen-2 CX-5 at least one emblem uses placement holes. Yeah check with the parts department and see the emblems in person just to be sure.

If I remember it correctly, on gen-2 CX-5 at least one emblem uses placement holes. Yeah check with the parts department and see the emblems in person just to be sure.
The three badges on the rear of the vehicle all have plastic pegs holding them in place on gen-2 CX-5.

Emblem removal / debadge (for Gen-2 CX-9 but it’s the same design as the gen-2 CX-5)

Plasti-Dip

What do you mean not being able to debadge the back? I was thinking of debadging mine, but now I am concerned.

There are holes behind the skyactive badge and also the cx5 badge....and I'm sure the Mazda emblem also....

Based on the fact there are holes, the last thing I would do is remove them and use dots to cover. Just my humble opinion.

FYI, the dealer advised that the 2020 CX-5 Skyactive and CX-5 logos DO HAVE pins on the rear. They could not confirm with a spare logo, but they were confident in their answer. Let me know if anyone has different info. Thank you.

Funny that. I removed my sky Activ logo from the trunk of my 2017 6, and it was only a sticky.
Seems weird that the same logo on a CX-5 would have pins.

That's interesting. He based is answer on the part number. The part number was xx-51-xxx. He said the "51" indicated an "alignment." Who knows????

Funny that. I removed my sky Activ logo from the trunk of my 2017 6, and it was only a sticky.
Seems weird that the same logo on a CX-5 would have pins.
But in addition to 2017 (gen-2) CX-5, the rear emblems on 2017 (gen-2) CX-9 also have pins.

Parts guy’s words may not be trustworthy, but you guys don’t even trust those who had already tried and found there’re plastic pegs holding these rear emblems on gen-2 CX-5? (See post #4 above)

Back