Fully Automatic Climate Control System blasts cold air from startup

Mine's the opposite. Whether cold or hot out, the fan always starts out nearly full blast, then cuts back as the set temperature is reached.

How in the heck can this work properly in older models but not in newer ones?
I wonder if your Gen 1 experience is universal.
On colder days in my 2020, my fan starts out slowly like 7eregrine's and then slowly ramps up (to one level short of full blast). It ramps back down when it hits the set temperature. I have the thermostat set to 65 and Auto.

I got my CX-5 this winter, so haven't really had a chance to test out the A/C here in New England.

On colder days in my 2020, my fan starts out slowly like 7eregrine's and then slowly ramps up (to one level short of full blast). It ramps back down when it hits the set temperature. I have the thermostat set to 65 and Auto.

I got my CX-5 this winter, so haven't really had a chance to test out the A/C here in New England.
Mine slowly ramps up, too. It does not immediately start out on High.

In my car, it takes about 30 seconds to ramp up. I implied otherwise when I said "Starts out blasting on high." But it's not waiting for the car to warm up as 7eregrine said ("Works as it should. Slowly doing up the fan as the car warms up.")

Then--as you said--it ramps back down with the thermostats is nearly satisfied (both heat and A/C.)

So does your fan get to "one level short of full blast" pretty quickly or does it wait minutes until the car's warmed up?

In my car, it takes about 30 seconds to ramp up. I implied otherwise when I said "Starts out blasting on high." But it's not waiting for the car to warm up as 7eregrine said ("Works as it should. Slowly doing up the fan as the car warms up.")

Then--as you said--it ramps back down with the thermostats is nearly satisfied (both heat and A/C.)

I paid more attention the other day. Ours works exactly like yours. After about 30 sec's, the fan goes to 1 below max.

I paid more attention the other day. Ours works exactly like yours. After about 30 sec's, the fan goes to 1 below max.
I can't tell you how many times I've circled back to discover "how it is" versus "how I recall it." So it looks like the fan speed is tied to the cabin air temp and nothing else...all for want of another line of code.

It's really no big deal. In the winter I'll just leave it turned off until the engine warms up (just like all the other cars I've owned), and from that point forward it's fully automatic. In the summer it works without intervention.

So does your fan get to "one level short of full blast" pretty quickly or does it wait minutes until the car's warmed up?
Pretty quickly...within two minutes. I'll have to time it on the next cold day.

Pretty quickly...within two minutes. I'll have to time it on the next cold day.
I wonder if the software has to load before the HVAC system can see/respond to the temp setting and the cabin temp.

Apparently I'm the only one happy with my ACC? Works as it should. Slowly doing up the fan as the car warms up.
Maybe another Gen2 "improvement?" 😝

Mine works as yours does. The fan starts out at a slow speed and as the engine warms the speed increases as needed.

Back