What have you done to your CX-9 today?

Nice! It's almost that time of the year where it gets really cold and hard to work on cars. I'm planning to get mine done professionally at least once and I can do the maintaining it.

Great plan! For maintaining the finish, I've heard that Turtle Wax Spray n' Shine Ice is excellent. You just wash the car, then spray it on and buff off. You can also apply it over a wax to extend the durability of the wax.

Liftgate_022.JPG

Glad you were able to get it fixed! Get some "liquid paper" on there and it'll look good as new (I'm kidding :p)

Glad you were able to get it fixed! Get some "liquid paper" on there and it'll look good as new (I'm kidding :p)
Thanks. Have to pick up some white paint, but I do have liquid paper. Hmmmm. LOL

Have to clean it up, get some paint down, then fix the plastic trim piece. Glad to have it working again.

I gave the CX-9 a waterless wash, then dressed the tires yesterday. Here it is in the parking lot today.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_20191115_111623.jpg
    IMG_20191115_111623.jpg
    991.5 KB · Views: 1,390
  • IMG_20191115_111644.jpg
    IMG_20191115_111644.jpg
    781.8 KB · Views: 1,414
  • IMG_20191115_111706.jpg
    IMG_20191115_111706.jpg
    833.8 KB · Views: 1,405
Cleaned the MAF Sensor, 45k Kms PMS (Oil change) and wrapped it up with a Ceratec Liquid Moly additive.

Runs very smooth @700 rpm idle!

Looks really good sm1ke! What kind of waterless wash product did you use?

Just some cheap stuff off of Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned). I used a few nice 350-400 gsm microfiber towels from The Rag Company as well.

It leaves a thin layer of wax for some protection until the next car wash, which for me is usually every 1-2 weeks. In the winter, when it gets too cold, it just gets rinsed. The day before those pics, temps were warm enough for me to apply the waterless wash without it freezing on me.

Disconnected the overhead console ambient light and created this How to of the process. I found it the overhead light was too bright and was distracting but liked the ambient light in the doors so didn't want to turn off the entire ambient lighting. Haven't fully tested the results yet but so far so good.

Disconnected the overhead console ambient light and created this How to of the process. I found it the overhead light was too bright and was distracting but liked the ambient light in the doors so didn't want to turn off the entire ambient lighting. Haven't fully tested the results yet but so far so good.

Nice!

I took the lazy route and just used a Sharpie on that top ambient light. It doesn't blackout the light, instead it only dims it as if I had it tinted.

I can report after a 1000 km road trip that there was no issues with the disconnecton of the ambient light.

Gitter, do you find the « tint« is sufficient? I didn’t go that route because in my previous experience using sharpie didn’t darken light very much.

I can report after a 1000 km road trip that there was no issues with the disconnecton of the ambient light.

Gitter, do you find the « tint« is sufficient? I didn’t go that route because in my previous experience using sharpie didn’t darken light very much.

I applied the sharpie twice (after letting the first attempt dry for about an hour). It did not darken it much as I thought it would, but it made a difference and was enough for my taste! It didn't bother us at all on our 900 mi (1,445 km) road trip recently!

Well, after about 18 years of driving, I finally popped my roadkill cherry. On the way to work this morning, a white rabbit darted out from behind a snowbank on a main road. I was going 60 km/hr, and I had an SUV beside me and a car behind me, so there was no way I was going to even attempt to swerve or hit the brakes.

No blood or anything upon inspection, but I definitely felt a tiny hit when it went under the car, so I'm guessing it smacked itself against the tire's sidewall or it got clipped by one of the suspension components or the subframe bracing.

This is a great forum for me all these years. Couldn’t be any happier. Here is what I have done so far.
- Replace engine oil drain plug with Futomo valve for eaisier diy oil change
- Hardwired Viofo A129 Pro Duo Dash Cam
- Hardwired front footwell ambient light
- Add carbon fiber to center console and side doors
- Ordered Carplay2air adapter to try wireless Apple carplay.
5155766B-5E06-4B81-83FD-DF98648BEF9C.jpeg917667EE-E709-410D-AEE5-AEAAD7B2217F.jpeg377BE15E-085C-4462-81C2-4137A56A20FF.jpeg7380C9FC-7F05-41DF-A4FF-FBDCF7CE90C8.jpeg528E139B-5F10-4137-A98C-39657E02D509.jpeg

This is a great forum for me all these years. Couldn’t be any happier. Here is what I have done so far.
How you like the fumoto valve? I thought about it but it seems to stick about 1/4" into the pan so it can't "fully" drain all the oil out.

View attachment 222247View attachment 222248View attachment 222249View attachment 222250View attachment 222251
Looks great! Where did you get the carbon fiber from and how did you wire in the footwell lights? Are they multiple colors?

How you like the fumoto valve? I thought about it but it seems to stick about 1/4" into the pan so it can't "fully" drain all the oil out.

Yes, it can’t completely drain out. I don’t know how serious it can be in long run. The valve itself seems to cause no issue yet after 2 oil changes.
F6408EFB-9FF6-4181-A746-01D8F037CF31.jpeg

Didn't do it today but drove from Washington state to San Diego California and back for the total of 2997 miles and SnowFlakeBear did amazingly great! :)(y) Also had her first snow this year.

Attachments

• 20200114_152526.jpg
    20200114_152526.jpg
    879.2 KB · Views: 417
  • 20200114_152538.jpg
    20200114_152538.jpg
    806 KB · Views: 436
Last edited:
Back