What new Mazda is coming?

oh yeah i have to agree a bit more pep would be great!.
So i guess more and more online sites are guessing that it's going to be a cx-4 debut,
but what gets me is that Mazda is said to release a "NEW" SUV, and the cx-4 is not really new to the mazda line up.
Hoping it's a cx-7 but time will tell.

CX-3 was relatively fine on that front, but WOT was quite gutless, especially with 2 other people in the car.

Mazda*s take on the Buick Station Wagon

It sells, and Mazda*s will as well

d475c4c1f8d6afa89e1f3be59307f325.jpg

Fixed it for you.

2018-Buick-Regal-TourX-117.jpg

fd364c9ec2df1b4a60df0a131f68c49f.jpg

Na that Buick is a butched up wagon(not that there's anything inherently wrong with that) to me this is more of a butched up, stretched but nicely proportioned 3 hatch..I like...still pretty tidy @182.4..buick is comparatively yuge @196.3

Last edited:
Exactly!
At first I was thinking oooo a new platform cx-3. But since its stated as a new suv, I cant imagine it could be whatever is existing on mazdas Lineup. (ie cx-3, cx-4)

Cx-7 crossing fingers.

The CX4 already exists. Thats no more a new vehicle than a revised CX3.

Base curb w/2.5na w/awd 3406..so yeah there's less cargo but on paper this should be the better driving(being sig lighter and lower) slightly more fe cx5 for those who don't need it.. ie me w/wifey rollin the big rig

Last edited:
That Mazda teaser photo totally looks like a wide body CX3. The wider spaced exhaust tips link it to the newer 3 platform.
A 3 platform is certainly better than a 2. That said I do wonder where it all starts blurring together. That CX-4 looks literally like a chopped down CX-5 for short people.

Prepare to be disappointed my friend.

However, Just think. If it*s a bigger CX3, based on the new 3 platform, the 2.5T should fit.

Seems you got it all twisted son..cx5 is based on 3 platform always was as is the 4 i believe, whist cx3 has intimate relations with the duece.
Second, this being my commute car I don't need no stinking turbos mang. 2.5na with less mass to move and lower cd sounds just right so I'm preparing for happiness here and the Veloster N will be a great start-its quite the hoot. I'll run the 14 till she don't wanna run anymore if nothing lights the flame but I think Mazdas got me hooked up here if something else from Korea doesn't by then..WOW never thought I'd say that..#lifeafterdiesel

Last edited:
I think it'll be a mid-cycle refresh of the Chinese CX-4. It's a "new" Mazda to all markets except China, where it's been exclusively produced and sold since 2016. This assumption is based on the difference in tail light appearance and shape between the existing CX-4 and the image Mazda teased.

It'll probably be offered with the 2.0 and 2.5 n/a engines just like China, but one can hope that they instead will offer 2.5 and 2.5T with the manual from the 3 available as an option in both. Should be available in FWD and AWD just like the Chinese model. Apparently it is the successor to the CX-7 (sorry young-nyc, lol). All of this info is just my opinion, and some of it is referenced from Wikipedia, so take it with a grain of salt.

This was also posted a couple of days ago by C&D. Good news for you, young-nyc. Seems the CX-7 may be making a return after all, though probably under a different model name or even badge..
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26142809/mazda-cx-4-crossover-confirmed-2020/

Last edited:
That's what this looks like to me..naming and positioning are the questions..Naming it cx4 and pricing it above the 5 seems like a problem, and i recall it was to be priced slightly higher elsewhere so should be interesting to see what they do..They've gotten my attention!

why do you have to poop on my parade..haha
some part of me hopes it's a cx-7 a slightly larger sportier looking version of the cx-5,
i'm also aware mazda is planning on building a new suv in the states, but was really really thinking, maybe they will release/ debut this new mazda at geneva, have it initially built in Japan, and then have it produced in the US later on.

I think it'll be a mid-cycle refresh of the Chinese CX-4. It's a "new" Mazda to all markets except China, where it's been exclusively produced and sold since 2016. This assumption is based on the difference in tail light appearance and shape between the existing CX-4 and the image Mazda teased.

It'll probably be offered with the 2.0 and 2.5 n/a engines just like China, but one can hope that they instead will offer 2.5 and 2.5T with the manual from the 3 available as an option in both. Should be available in FWD and AWD just like the Chinese model. Apparently it is the successor to the CX-7 (sorry young-nyc, lol). All of this info is just my opinion, and some of it is referenced from Wikipedia, so take it with a grain of salt.

This was also posted a couple of days ago by C&D. Good news for you, young-nyc. Seems the CX-7 may be making a return after all, though probably under a different model name or even badge..
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a26142809/mazda-cx-4-crossover-confirmed-2020/

Back