Snow Removal/Start..Stop button.

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hey all!

Just curious what type of snow brush you all use to remove snow from your CX-5? I had been using the traditional nylon brush (very lightly not to scratch my paint), but came across a "snowbrum." Has anyone used one of these? If so, do they work well? It says it won't scratch the paint...?

Just curious if you all could recommend a good brush. We just picked up a 2nd CX-5 (in black) 2018. Our 2017 is white, so I am not as worried.

As a side note, has anyone had any issues with their start/stop button on their 17/18 model? Our new 18' requires you to push it twice for it to turn on and off. It goes in Monday morning to be looked at. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue?

Thanks much!

My 2019 onlybr3wuires one quick press for engine start or off.

As far as anything to remove snow on paint... everything will scratch it. With snow comes other particles that when dragged across the paint will leave surface scratches. Best not to remove the snow unless there's too much. I usually justbtry to remove snie to just above the surface of the paint beduase I have dark colored cars.

I dont know anything about the snowbrum.

I think I have a bad start/stop button as my 17' requires only one push as well. This will be confirmed on Monday.

I've been using a snowbrum for years and love it for removing heavy snow. It's much better with the deep stuff than a brush. No scratches or other damage to the paint finish that I've ever seen, and my wife and I have both used them in several vehicles over the years. I still keep a brush, though, for light snow and for cleaning up the tight areas that the snowbrum blade can't get to.

I just use any snow brush that is around although our new 2018 has not seen snow yet (just lots of rain here in NJ)...as far as the stop start button, we only have to hit it once.

Been using this one for awhile with no issues:
61ad7WkG62L._SL1500_.jpg

Dealers use a rubber squeegee and Ive found these the best at snow removal. Not only is it really efficient it wont scratch your paint

Careful while scraping the ice off of your windshield (if you do that) as well. You can easily scratch up these windshields for some reason.

I bought a car wash horse hair brush type thing. It's like 4 feet long. Last winter in was like...hmmm could use this on snow too! So I've been using that. I'm anal about getting ALL the show off my car. Pet peeves people who don't. Works great on the roof and body. Typical snow brush on the windows.

Hey all!

Just curious what type of snow brush you all use to remove snow from your CX-5? I had been using the traditional nylon brush (very lightly not to scratch my paint), but came across a "snowbrum." Has anyone used one of these? If so, do they work well? It says it won't scratch the paint...?

Just curious if you all could recommend a good brush. We just picked up a 2nd CX-5 (in black) 2018. Our 2017 is white, so I am not as worried.

As a side note, has anyone had any issues with their start/stop button on their 17/18 model? Our new 18' requires you to push it twice for it to turn on and off. It goes in Monday morning to be looked at. Just curious if anyone else has had this issue?

Thanks much!

You are pushing the brake down when you hit the button, right?

I've been using a snowbrum for years and love it for removing heavy snow. It's much better with the deep stuff than a brush. No scratches or other damage to the paint finish that I've ever seen, and my wife and I have both used them in several vehicles over the years. I still keep a brush, though, for light snow and for cleaning up the tight areas that the snowbrum blade can't get to.

I concurr with Danny! Thumbs up to Snowbrum.

Back