College Student First Car Build

Well, just got home from day one of turboing the wagon. Got the oil pan off, exhaust off, coolant drained, coolant elbow off (took an hour by itself), and the front of the car lowered. Everything is going smooth.... too smooth almost (minus an end link needing to be cut). Time to get some zzzs, hit the store in the am and hopefully finish it tomorrow. Unofficially, everything in the pic with the parts is for sale. If anyone needs anything let me know.
s6qxVdr.jpg

EXaDpt8.jpg

HD2ZSpm.jpg

It*ll keep going smooth if you don*t use an impact to reinstall your oil pan bolts. Hint hint.

How much for the Aquafina pack of water :^)

Man this is exciting. Cannot wait to see your car put down legitimate power!

Whatever you do, you gotta upload a video of the car's first ignition with the turbo on. That's bound to be one cathartic feeling.

How much for the Aquafina pack of water :^)

Man this is exciting. Cannot wait to see your car put down legitimate power!

Whatever you do, you gotta upload a video of the car's first ignition with the turbo on. That's bound to be one cathartic feeling.

I can do $3 shipped. Only about half of the case remains though. But hopefully Wednesday! I was definitely going to document the moment lol

Well, Day 4 and progress has slowed down. Front mount is done, piping is done (thanks to 323), lines are ran, now its just making room for everything. Have to wait though for a 90 degree AN 10 fitting for the oil drain, fill the car with fluids and then first start. Hit a wall today and was tempted to just throw the stock intake and whatnot on and leave it NA but 323 and my girlfriend have convinced me otherwise. Just losing motivation and the drive to want to finish just very frustrating. But hopefully, this last fitting will be the last piece of the puzzle. I definitely couldn't have done this without 323. But I am done working on cars lol I'm retiring after this.
MkBFwoQ.jpg

epNoep1.jpg

6Q5MwTi.jpg
r3pKCVz.jpg

2YNUiYq.jpg

Agi0OOp.jpg

Looking good! These things always, always take longer than expected and there's always one fitting or bolt that you need to wait for. Everything looks like its coming together nicely now and she'll be running strong in no time!

Last fitting should be here today. Might mount the GoPro in the garage to get the first start? Idk yet. I'm looking rough lol haven't had time to get a haircut with class and this car.
But I'm also driving from VA Beach up to NOVA for Thanksgiving, and I'm very tempted to drive the P5 (windows are tinted, sedan has a warped caliper, and of course the sub in the wagon is nice) but I'm also hesitant due to boosting it and not driving it a single mile lol Will update once the fitting gets here and I get the car back together and clean 323's garage

Got the car together and started to fill it with fluids and coolant started POURING out of the banjo bolt I put in the back. After trying to put it in for a while we gave up and deleted the coolant for now. Start the car (will try to edit the video and trim it down sometime today) and it started seeping oil. Turns out the oil feed wasn't tightened all the way. NEVER again am I using AN lines. Too much of a headache. Continuing on, we put the wheels back on, lower the car and start driving and full throttle the car is going absolutely nowhere. Go back, call dp and get some ideas. End up hooking up a boost gauge to it and it's maintaining 20 vacuum and then at "WOT" it's going to 10 vacuum and bleeding back down to 15. Car will more than likely sit a week as Thanksgiving obligations are coming up (still have a 2.5-hour drive to do tonight and I haven't showered or packed lolol) and I have class next week. But glad the car is running!

Well turns out the turbo is bad. DP said he's send me another one (which is a blessing) but I don't feel like installing it, so to Dennis' shop I go to see how much he'd charge me.

Man, what a nailbiter...of all the times I've been blueballed on completing an upgrade on my car, nothing compares to that.

Best of luck with the new turbo!

You aren*t running coolant to the turbo? These turbos require coolant

Someone said it'd be fine (no names lol) the banjo bolt started spilling coolant out as soon as I started filling it with coolant. Skipping it for now until I can figure out how to reroute the lines from the throttle body

Well, 323 sent me this beautiful picture of the schlbs sitting in his yard looking sad. That bumper misalignment is bothering the hell out of me lol but the wagon is sitting low. I like the ride height and how it feels (based on the 2.5 miles I drove it Wednesday). But he messaged me some more suggestions, but I will go mess with it and pick it up this weekend. Missing this thing. The sedan doesn't have the same factor of driving lol
XgYYRxo.jpg

Back