Kind of disappointed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danisue352

:
Mazda CX-5
I just purchased a 2018 Mazda CX-5 touring model with the hopes it would come with satellite radio... Are there any possibilities of adding this on my own?

This is my first car I've purchased on my own.. I didn't realize I had to ask I just assumed in all new cars that was standard. Glad you all are so kind.......

This is my first car I've purchased on my own.. I didn't realize I had to ask I just assumed in all new cars that was standard. Glad you all are so kind.......
I'm sorry, as I said I meant no disrespect. You can purchase a streaming subscription and then use your phone over Bluetooth, otherwise you can go with an XM/Sirius receiver on its own, and those can have better features than any built in systems. I loved all of my xm receivers

Why can't it be added? Used to be that a dealer could install the receiver and add the option. It's a bit pricey, but it can be done.

Glad you all are so kind.......

Those responses did seem unnecessarily harsh, some more than others.

I agree with the already mentioned option of getting one of SiriusXM's receivers. You can probably get one for free with the purchase of a subscription. I get offers like that in my email quite often.

Also, in my Genesis I'm able to rewind up to 4 hours of content through SiriusXM. In my wife's 2017 CX-5 GT she can't even playback the song that was just on.

To be fair, almost everyone offers decent satellite radio on midlevel optioned vehicles...and live traffic nav... and...

Pretty cool the Genesis can do that..really looking forward to checking out the G70..was just told August??..more waiting

Last edited:

Sorry if I was a bit harsh I too meant no disrespect..but seems you've learned this one the hard way..car buying rule#1- Never ever assume anything!! Should it be there? I guess but again no matter to me once the trial was done so was I..not worth it to me...I know they cut deals if you threaten to quit..I can't be bothered w/that nonsense. Pandora works great but if that's not your thing or you don't like to burn data easy..google play music..you can download as much music as your device can hold, stream locally and use zero data on multiple devices zillions of songs..9.99/mo

Last edited:

Congratulations on the purchase of your first car. I hope you will love your Mazda and find this site useful.

Don't take it personally, Danisue. It happens a lot around here. Enjoy your new ride!

Sorry about the XM, that is a bummer.

No CD player either...

At least there is still AM/FM, and USB stick.

Not trying to be rude either but it is strange this was a feature you really really wanted and you didn't ask. They showed you how to use the radio and all that when you picked it up, no? That would have been the time to ask.

To be fair some dealers do s*** PDI. My z06, I was literally forced through PDI and an explanation of every feature. The 370z, I literally PDIed it myself, plastic shipping wrap and all.

To be fair some dealers do s*** PDI. My z06, I was literally forced through PDI and an explanation of every feature. The 370z, I literally PDIed it myself, plastic shipping wrap and all.
That sucks. Man, my dealer wouldn't leave me alone. I'm like "ok I got it, can I go now?" LOL

Last edited:
The XM radio is overrated. Just stream Pandora (free) or use the USB to play music from MP3 files

That sucks. Man, my dealer wouldn't leave. I'm like "ok I got it, can I go now?" LOL

My whole 370z ownership was bulls***. Dealer lied, told me I needed slotted rotors to prevent warping, I got them to shut him up, they were warped again 12 hours later. He lied to Nissan North America saying he never told me to. They finally owned up to things and paid for new OEM rotors and pads and admitted overtorquing the lugnuts did it (I thought it was bs...but it stayed unwarped for the next 15k miles, so...i believe, lol). Then there was the tech that swung a lift arm into the car before i ever took delivery, and went all the way through the paint on the lower body cladding and then excused it by saying "them low riding cars you know...*shrug*"...so yeah...I'll never own another Nissan. I've never had an experience as bad as I consistantly had at the Nissan dealer. GM was my best experience, a tie with Mazda, but it meant more to me. I was a broke college kid and they sold me parts at cost plus 10%, and even did work on my car probono. Chrysler was a good dealer...bad product. Mazda has been very classy and as good as GM, I'm just not in a bad way like I was when GM held their hand out.

Not going to downplay your need for XM but I personally dont like it. I stream Spotify for music through my phone and I have a podcast and audio book app for My non music listening

OP,

There is not a way to add it as this was a feature i wanted due to the miles i drive. I have had it for the last 5 years and did not want to lose access to certain things i listen to. That said, you have two options for adding it outside of the dealer that were already mentioned. For me, i just got amazon prime music and loaded a bunch of podcasts on my phone from google, and i use that now.

I just received an email from Sirius/XM for a home/car receiver for $9.99. This would probably work in the car, I imagine you tune the radio to a certain frequency and the
receiver plays through that frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back