Reviews Monday for 2017s?

Better resale just means a larger proportion of CRV buyers are shopping for used based on past reputation, not current, not projected. Mazda had a bad marriage with Ford and kinda ruined their reputation and even though they have been making good cars recently, most people still consider them as inferior brand and won't even give it a try. The easiest way to get more customer is offer exceptional value which is what Hyundai and Kia doing and succeeding.

Honestly, I consider the true cost of owning a CX5 and CRV in the same park, and I'm definitely happy that my car is less universal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Yea, that "dealers mailing me to buy it" is just a scam. Not discounting your point at all, but, yea, they do that just to get you in a new loan.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I used to get cold calls from other Honda dealerships. That stopped eventually. I still got offers in the mail as late as 2 years ago. I traded it in back in 2012.

I used to get cold calls from other Honda dealerships. That stopped eventually. I still got offers in the mail as late as 2 years ago. I traded it in back in 2012.
My dealer keeps calling me to ask me to trade mine in for a newer CX-5. I just tell them it is $450 from being payed off so I'm good lol.

My dealer keeps calling me to ask me to trade mine in for a newer CX-5. I just tell them it is $450 from being payed off so I'm good lol.

I still get letters in the mail from Toyota about buying my 4Runner... but I got rid of it in 2014, and I've even told the Toyota dealer that its gone.

The top of the line FWD CR-V might be 34K. I was comparing Apples and Apples: AWD + 19inch tires. And I was also going by your post that said that was the price point you were at. When I priced that it was $36,700.

HONDA itself may have better resale value but the CRV does not. I don't just make stuff up. I've looked into this. Consumer Reports also agrees with me Just did it again, too. Maybe it's a CLEVELAND thing?
Just went on Autotrader again and found 2 similiar cars.
2015 AWD Touring CR-V: $27K
2015 AWD GT: $25K
Both had just under 15K miles.

As for my argument about CR-V being everywhere and therefore cheaper, how do you not understand that? Dealer A has 10 CR-V's, Dealer B has 10, Dealer C has 20... You can just pop between them until you get that sweetheart deal.
Now if Dealer A has 1 Audi S4, Dealer 2 has none, and dealer 3 has 2... you don't get how that price might be just a big less flexible?

Just stop bro, the resell value argument for the CRV and CX-5 is one you can't win. Even most CX-5 owners can agree with that as evidenced in this thread. Your argument of having more CRV's on a lot than say a CX-5 is laughable. Just because there are more CRV's on the road than CX-5 doesn't mean CRV's have less value. Resell value is ussually determined by reliability and the costs of fixing these vehicles when they have issues. There's a reason why you can buy a $165,000 10 year old Mercedes for for 40k. It's because they're overly engineered cars that have tons of problems and are expensive to fix. Same thing with most German cars. Lexus on the other hand tends to have the best resale due to their percevied reliability how ever true that may be. Honda and Toyota have a rep for building reliable cars, which is why CRV/Accord/Camry/any Lexus tends to have better resell value than all other competitors in thier class.

Going by your logic, a 2014 Mitsubishi Outlander will sell for more than a 2014 CRV, because there are less Outlanders on the road. LOL sorry but no, that's not how used cars work.

Last edited:
The MSRP is around 37k if you load it up with dealer installed options. Is that what I paid? No it is not.

And yet in the pricing thread you said the dealer wanted to charge you 2k over MSRP for the options you wanted. Which is it?

Edit: As for the resale topic. It's a non-issue for me as I plan to keep my CX-5 till it doesn't work anymore. As far as I have seen CUV as a category in general doesn't hold up that great in resale.

Last edited:
The CRV?

Between the unattractive dated exterior, the bland and inexpensive looking interior, and not to mention the higher price, the CRV is a no go for us.
Residual value wise, leasing the Honda and Mazda are also near identical now.
On PAPER, it has to be the best CRV Honda has made yet...

Drive them both so you will clearly see who the winner is.

And yet in the pricing thread you said the dealer wanted to charge you 2k over MSRP for the options you wanted. Which is it?

Edit: As for the resale topic. It's a non-issue for me as I plan to keep my CX-5 till it doesn't work anymore. As far as I have seen CUV as a category in general doesn't hold up that great in resale.

Do you not understand there is a difference between one dealer WANTING to charge 2k over MSRP and actually buying a CRV at another dealer for 34 OTD? No one paid 37k for their CRV so stop making numbers up. Besides, one of the benefits in living here is there are a ton of Honda dealers so pricing is very competitive.

Last edited:
Do you not understand there is a difference between one dealer WANTING to charge 2k over MSRP and actually buying a CRV at another dealer for 34 OTD? No one paid 37k for their CRV so stop making numbers up.

I'm not making numbers up. YOU posted it. So if you paid 34k OTD, fine, I believe you.

Last edited:
The debate between 2017 CR-V and 2017 CX-5 is now so boring that I don't even want to participate anymore. It was interesting two months ago, but now that the 2017 CX-5 are available for test drive and reviews, it's obvious that no one is comparing it to the CR-V anymore. Instead, the CX-5 is mentioned in the context of Audi, BMW, Lexus, ... reviews are littered with "premium", "refined", ...

Yes, the CR-V will continue to appeal to the mass who don't even know anything about car, and/or don't even bother looking at other options. And that's great, because that'll keep the CX-5 in the niche club/class, adding to its exclusive/premium feel.

(deadhorse

Ladies and Gentlemen. I bring to you.......

Mango's "real" review of the new 2017 CX-5 in red.

http://wp.sixseeds.production.pathe...s/19/2016/11/man-checking-out-other-woman.jpg

Mango, does your CRV know you're constantly texting in the CX-5 forum? Man this feels like an episode of Cheaters....

Its 6PM on a Friday evening. Mango at parking lot having a conversation with his CX-5 side honey on the down low. Hands all over its commander knob. Out of nowhere he gets bummrushed by Cheaters host Clark James Gable, his camera crew, and Mango's CRV with CVT and engine hysterically revving. Mango shouts "Wait wait honey I can explain this!"

Mango, does your CRV know you're constantly texting in the CX-5 forum? Man this feels like an episode of Cheaters....

Its 6PM on a Friday evening. Mango at parking lot having a conversation with his CX-5 side honey on the down low. Hands all over its commander knob. Out of nowhere he gets bummrushed by Cheaters host Clark James Gable, his camera crew, and Mango's CRV with CVT and engine hysterically revving. Mango shouts "Wait wait honey I can explain this!"

Hahahaha. Thanks for the good laugh.

(rofl)

Mango's last post on the CR-V forum - 3/31 (almost a week ago)

Mango's posts since 3/31 on the Mazda forum? 20 posts so far.

It's almost like the CR-V forum must be boring or something?

Last edited:
If we bought cars based on resale value we should all buy Jeep Wranglers.

FJ Cruiser ftw.. but seriously Mango's purchase notwithstanding I just disagree with the 'its still like a 4-5k spread' narrative- what if you include 2400 for 19s? c'mon guys that's just stupid. But whatever- the CX-5 is the affordable, fun to drive CUV gift to enthusiasts (yeah I went there) from one of the few auto companies that really seems to care how their products feel- first and foremost to the driver. No rear A/C vents, no power tailgate? Tough titties you're fine!! Don't go soft on me Mazda- there is beauty in simplicity! OK- that's enough kool-aid for me, I'm going to watch the Masters now...enjoy a monte-free weekend yall- peace.

Last edited:
Back