What have you done to your P5 today?

I spun a ton of bolts and nuts from my engine comp in a wire wheel, and replaced a non canadian egr with a canadian egr ( as I am in canada, the non egr looked as if it may have been oem to the titanic. Just a fist of rust. )

I scratched my head a bit working out how to finish with engine swap ( fs-de out and in ). Next time I will label EVERY thing...

You say that, but once you do it the first time, next time you may not even need to label them lol most plugs are pretty self explanatory, one or two hidden down on the trans but thats it. Vacuum lines are pretty self explanatory as well, most only fit in certain spots.

Yeah, Think i've got it now (cabpatch) . Had to leave it short of finished to get to work today. All that is left is to put the rad and fans back, mount the battery and 2 front wheels. SO SO close heh.

carpet,dash,plastics,seats. all of the interior is back in the car finally. after IDK 8 months....

Shredded another alternator belt, ordered parts today. Decided to replace the battery tray components while waiting since I broke a chunk of the plastic battery tray. :/

Found out there was a fair amount of corrosion and decided to replace all the parts from there down. Discovered that the battery tray stay was discontinued by Mazda but luckily I found everything I needed (including an OEM mazda oil dipstick because the handle broke off mine, grr) for $38 at a salvage yard including all the screws and bolts that were in way better shape than mine (like new!) After pulling everything out I found it was actually much worse ... rust. I scrapped at it and got off some chunks but found small rust holes forming. I'm in the process of developing a plan of action that involves a lot of grinding, bondo fiberglass, body filler, primer, paint and clearcoat. :)

While working on this I discovered my coolant reservoir had a crack that I easily was able to poke into a hole ... oops. Ordered a new one it should arrive Wednesday.

welded the holes where the trunk emblems were. primer & unmatching paint over them.... yay winter beater

yesterday: left door electronic lock removal (from junkyard), r.rear abs sensor removal (jy), headlight gasket removal, side marker light removal..
then door electronic lock installation (took about two hours to figure it out.. taking it OUT was easy.. putting it IN was hard!!!..and it helps if it's not backwards!), headlight gasket installation (still seems like its missing something as the light doesn't look right), and side marker installation.. bulb has no power.

today: left side side light reinstall and re-check as light was not working.. wiggled cable and reinserted a new bulb and tested, now working satisfactorily. left fog light install (who on earth said I have to remove the bumper? I just crawled underneath)

today to do (waiting for engine to cool): O2 sensors installation, and possibly rear brakes and abs sensor installation.

and I've had the car 3 days. o_O

sprayed on some undercoating over the new steel i welded into the floorpan. so far no rain leaking into the cabin anywheres. way too much for a beater

its been off the road for 8 months because of mazda's s*** engineering with this chassis.
this car has scar'd me so badly I will never be purchasing a newer mazda again..... so go ahead and tell me how much i love it again???

You can still get a new mazda, just move down south. Only problem down here is heat and faded paint, never have to worry about rust.

its been off the road for 8 months because of mazda's s*** engineering with this chassis.
this car has scar'd me so badly I will never be purchasing a newer mazda again..... so go ahead and tell me how much i love it again???

Lol mazdas are great for beaters. But as project cars they just are never ending black holes for your money

Replaced my '02 with an '03.5 a friend from a salvage yard found for me (driver's side fender damage, trashed headlight, and bumper). My '02 had 220k miles and lots of rust. The '03 has 42k and no rust. Moved all my mods that I made to the '02 to the '03.

Mazda 6 big brakes front and rear
Intermittent wiper stalk
Tribute wiper sprayers
Mazda 6 17" wheels (Plasti-dipped matte black)
Blacked out headlights
Nightshade tinted tails and side markers
CX7 antenna

Last week I plugged in my new to me MP3 ECU. Already worth the money, and I will still running 87 octane. Powerband is so smooth.
Today I installed my AWR passenger and transmission mount inserts, and also a generic (Anchor brand I believe) front mount that has a lifetime warranty. It is so easy to change, I decided to not spend the big bucks for it. When it rips, I will get a new one, and can probably swap it out within 10-20 minutes easy. Passenger mount was sort of ripped, tranny mount was in good shape, front mount was pretty shredded. Rear looks good from what I can see.

Does not vibrate as much as I think I was expecting. Pretty happy so far.

Lol mazdas are great for beaters. But as project cars they just are never ending black holes for your money

This 100%. The last 9 months has been hell for me just trying to boost my car. The damn thing still isn't able to be driven. My hope is fading fast now. Almost ready to give up.

Got the oil changed (finally), and installed the new 55w hids that have been sitting in my garage for about 8 months now lol. still have a long list of things i need to do and a very short list of how many days i have time to work on the car..

also, still searching for a pair of fog deletes for the 03.5 msp lip. if anyone has a pair, pls pm me

Got my girl back today. After her little stint at the shop, she builds boost but has a whole new sling of problems. Put another gt25 in but the waste-gate actuator is bad. Getting fuel cut is not fun. I'm missing one of the bolts on the exhaust side of the turbo so its got a bad exhaust leak. I've got a lot of work to tackle but I'm committed to finishing this build! Shout out to everyone on the forms for keeping me motivated! Loving everyone's builds!

Found a missing lug nut and 3 loose. My moss been driving it the last thousand miles so God knows what happened

knocked out front and rear brakes, replaced the holy intake hose it had. anyone know the shift knob thread size? I wanna get Inspector Gadget a gift.

Back