2012-2015 USB/Bluetooth Issues Fixed?!

RichardCX5

:
2014 CX5 Sport Nav (GT) MT 2.2D 150ps
Hi all,

Hopefully I'm bringing some amazing news from over the pond here in the UK!

I took my CX-5 to my dealer last week for the well known USB (slow, not remembering track) and SMS (notification of new message but no message appears) issues.

The service advisor showed me the recently-updated TSB regarding the USB issues and suggested a new head unit was the fix. I had the new unit fitted, and I was happy that all the issues are now fixed. Messages load correctly (I'm on an iPhone so I know I can't reply) and USB music (via my iPhone or USB drive) loads fairly quickly and remembers it's place)

But that's not even the best news...

I've just discovered that my new head unit is able to switch on repeat and shuffle via Bluetooth!! I've just tested it and I'm able to repeat one song, shuffle an album or shuffle all music from my iPhone, all via the head unit!

To say I'm thrilled is an understatement! This was probably my biggest issue with the car.
I'm guessing Mazda aren't making a big deal of it to avoid queues at the dealerships, or perhaps it's a new fix (the TSB was dated March 18, 2016).
Mods, please copy this to the relevant Mazda 3, 6 forums etc (I'm not sure which models exactly the NB1 TomTom head unit appeared in)

Hopefully we can all finally get proper functionality from the system!

e793cb1edbfc81773804aaf900bc1c78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard, you have made my day. I purchased a 2015 CX-5 last week (my first Mazda) and I'm losing my mind over the USB problems with my ipod. Do you know the actual TSB number? I want to print it and take it to my dealer. Thanks.

Richard, you have made my day. I purchased a 2015 CX-5 last week (my first Mazda) and I'm losing my mind over the USB problems with my ipod. Do you know the actual TSB number? I want to print it and take it to my dealer. Thanks.

I don't have the number, I should have asked the dealer for it! They just searched for something like 'USB playback' on their system and it came up with the one I mentioned above. Hopefully it'll apply to NA Mazdas too. Good luck!

Can you check the software version on the radio? (Hold power and seek with Radio On then enter code 38)

Mazda UK are so tightfisted, never again

Hi all,

Hopefully I'm bringing some amazing news from over the pond here in the UK!

I took my CX-5 to my dealer last week for the well known USB (slow, not remembering track) and SMS (notification of new message but no message appears) issues.

The service advisor showed me the recently-updated TSB regarding the USB issues and suggested a new head unit was the fix. I had the new unit fitted, and I was happy that all the issues are now fixed. Messages load correctly (I'm on an iPhone so I know I can't reply) and USB music (via my iPhone or USB drive) loads fairly quickly and remembers it's place)

But that's not even the best news...

I've just discovered that my new head unit is able to switch on repeat and shuffle via Bluetooth!! I've just tested it and I'm able to repeat one song, shuffle an album or shuffle all music from my iPhone, all via the head unit!

To say I'm thrilled is an understatement! This was probably my biggest issue with the car.
I'm guessing Mazda aren't making a big deal of it to avoid queues at the dealerships, or perhaps it's a new fix (the TSB was dated March 18, 2016).
Mods, please copy this to the relevant Mazda 3, 6 forums etc (I'm not sure which models exactly the NB1 TomTom head unit appeared in)

Hopefully we can all finally get proper functionality from the system!

I wish I'd seen your post before. I only started using a USB stick last month, one month after the car's warranty expired and found the USB resetting to Track 1 all the time. I contacted Mazda UK and they said they would fund 70% of the cost of replacing the Bluetooth module, but this is around 600. Can't believe it, I need to pay towards repairing THEIR defects, just for the sake of 1 month. No wonder they don't warranty their cars for any longer than 3 years.
I'm so angry with the way I've been treated that this will be the last time I'll ever buy anything from Mazda, cheapskates (toilet)

Back