How To Acquire Non-US Spec Head Restraints for a US-spec CX-5

My Japanese friend is visiting SF next weekend because SF Giants is the CHAMPION! (bowdown)

He's gonna bring a few sets JDM rear headrests w/ him. (cabpatch) PM me if anyone is interested. ;)

Bump
Any chance one of your CX5 guys could measure the distance between the posts? My CX9 has THREE rows of those giant headrests i have to try to see over, And would love if these were an option for me also. As long as the spacing is the same, i can mod them to fit even if they stuck up and such. Its just the spacing that really matters to me.

Any chance one of your CX5 guys could measure the distance between the posts? My CX9 has THREE rows of those giant headrests i have to try to see over, And would love if these were an option for me also. As long as the spacing is the same, i can mod them to fit even if they stuck up and such. Its just the spacing that really matters to me.

A tiny bit smaller than 4.75"
EE5D89F0-50AA-4466-BA58-B1BD63C1E103_zpsgs2ouoxk.jpg

My Japanese friend arrived yesterday w/ some JDM rear headrests... mainly GT models. (2thumbs)

PM me if anyone is interested. ;)

Off topic here, sorry about it.
Your friend, could look up the cost for paddle shifter parts?

Fendyman, thanks for the courteous service and speedy shipping - I would have got the headrests Saturday except the local mail person just threw the "attempt to deliver" card in our box, didn't even come up the driveway.

Perfect color match and they really open up the interior! Thanks again.

Flymo

These part numbers were given in another thread:
These are the part numbers.
Paddles GJY1763P0. € 114,36 (neue Nummer)
Cover BHN932049C02. € 16,59
Harness in the steering wheel GJS2664M2. € 44,86 (you can use the old cable under the steering wheel)
Srews BHN932750. € 7,10
It seems like, not everything is needed.
Most likely, the paddles and cover what is really needed.
There are prices in pounds, but I'm wondering how much it would be for us?

These part numbers were given in another thread:
These are the part numbers.
Paddles GJY1763P0. 114,36 (neue Nummer)
Cover BHN932049C02. 16,59
Harness in the steering wheel GJS2664M2. 44,86 (you can use the old cable under the steering wheel)
Srews BHN932750. 7,10
It seems like, not everything is needed.
Most likely, the paddles and cover what is really needed.
There are prices in pounds, but I'm wondering how much it would be for us?

Sorry for the late reply... I've been busy w/ my bro about starting a new business. My friend from Japan has been busy as well since he may join us in U.S. He has been traveling all over places & hasn't been able to check them out.

Btw, I don't have anymore Black JDM rear headrests, but I still have a couple set of Sand GT, a set of Sand Touring, & a set of Sand Sport (I'll throw discount on THIS ONLY Sport model) JDM rear headrests. I will NOT be ordering anymore these since I'll be SUPER busy w/ my new business. PM me if anyone is interested. ;)

Would love to have some jdm rear black leather head rests. Scouring thru this thread for alternates. So the consensus is to go for the Mazda 6 rear headrests for as close to the jdm set?

My bro just came back from Japan & found out my friend bought an extra (1) black Touring cloth rear headrest last time. In Japan, there isn't return policy like here in U.S.A. so he just kept it. My bro decided just to buy another to make a set (2). ;)

I'm selling them $200 shipped. I also have a set of sand GT leather, sand Touring cloth, & sand Sport cloth (I'll give further discount on this set) sitting in my room from last time. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

My bro just came back from Japan & found out my friend bought an extra (1) black Touring cloth rear headrest last time. In Japan, there isn't return policy like here in U.S.A. so he just kept it. My bro decided just to buy another to make a set (2). ;)

I'm selling them $200 shipped. I also have a set of sand GT leather, sand Touring cloth, & sand Sport cloth (I'll give further discount on this set) sitting in my room from last time. If anyone is interested, please PM me.
pm'd you a few minutes ago!

I really like the look of the jdm headrests but looking at them it wouldn't do me much good to make the switch any time soon. I have 2 year in a forward facing seat and the rear strap has to go thru the headrest to the anchor point. The jdm headrests would have to be left up so it really gains nothing. Maybe in the future.

And let us know if your friend is ever able to get some of the paddle shifter kits here to the states. That is one mod I would definitely do!

If anyone is on the fence about whether this is worth it...don't be! Fendyman hooked me up with a set of GT leather headrests when he had them, and the difference is night and day. Visibility is improved a 100 fold.

If any of you have the same interior as the ones he still has, you should jump on it - you won't be disappointed.

If anyone is on the fence about whether this is worth it...don't be! Fendyman hooked me up with a set of GT leather headrests when he had them, and the difference is night and day. Visibility is improved a 100 fold.

If any of you have the same interior as the ones he still has, you should jump on it - you won't be disappointed.

+1

Thanks.

Btw, has anyone seen the new Parchment color interior from 2016 CX-5? Just curious how much different from Sand color interior... (uhm)

Latest posts

Back