Show me your CX-5 wheels

TSW Nurburgring - Matte Bronze. 20" available.

nurburgring_bronze_pop_std.jpg

I can't find wheels that are 20" in bronze.

Are Drag a good brand for wheels? Its been years since ive looked for new wheels for a car and theres so many brands now a days.

Are Drag a good brand for wheels? Its been years since ive looked for new wheels for a car and theres so many brands now a days.

Drag is Discount Tire's in-house brand, if you will. If you're going for cheap (looks are always subjective) go for em. Otherwise, save your pennies for legit brands. Some aftermarket wheels actually look worse than stockers. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drag is Discount Tire's in-house brand, if you will.

Eh... had you said MB Wheels is Discount Tire's in-house brand, I'd have agreed with you 100%. Drag has their own website that makes no mention of DT or DTD, and I've seen them for sale in other places.

As for the rest of your statement, I agree. You get what you pay for. If you're really on a tight budget and absolutely must have an aftermarket wheel, Drag makes sense. If you're looking for something for a winter package, again, Drag makes sense. If you can swing a little more money up front, there are better-quality wheels out there.

Good to know !!! Now we can price target them.

Same with Vossen. They are just offshore cast (minus the "Precision" 3pc line). Vossen has IMHO some of the best marketing in the wheel industry. This is why they can charge a premium price for a non-premium product.

Agreed, but I'd say they have the BEST marketing in the industry.

Same with Vossen. They are just offshore cast (minus the "Precision" 3pc line). Vossen has IMHO some of the best marketing in the wheel industry. This is why they can charge a premium price for a non-premium product.

So I've decided to go with some Konig Integram wheels. 19x8.5 what offset would bring me to flush with the fender without it spilling over? +35 or +45? And what size tires should I run? I think the +35 will be too much.

Thanks

-Van

Last edited:
Just installed my new set of wheels. Advanti Racing HY - Hybris 19x8.5 ET 45 (flow formed) with 245/50/19.

Last edited:
those wheels compliments your car nicely and clean looking

Thanks! It took a while to find a set of wheels that aren't too over the top (think OEM+) and at the same time provide and upgrade in terms of performance (weight reduction) without spending too much like my other heavily modded car. :)

I really don't care for the factory wheel offset. I like how your wheels fill the corners. I think an offset of 45 is about perfect.

I really don't care for the factory wheel offset. I like how your wheels fill the corners. I think an offset of 45 is about perfect.

Thanks! I based my calculations on someone else's posted picture of factory wheel/tire setup with 25mm spacers that was flush with the fender. And since I had wider wheels than stock, the tread width had to be increased as well to maintain a squarish profile (instead of a minor stretch).

Back