What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Westfalia was like the Denali of VW Buses, right? Pimp!

Today, I received and added:

$30 Chinese mudguards with unpainted CX-5 logo on the rear set - no fitment issues!

$36 360-magnified CREE LED switchback turn signals, no additional modification (I like "hyperflash")

$27 zoom-zoom black license plate frame

No other pics til later. Weather's crappy.

Last edited:
Wow; that's bloody impressive! Must have cost a small fortune. Nice video too. I'm assuming this is a German product?

Yes German, and a nicely engineered product too. Detachable hitch comes with its own bag and can be stored under the floor of the boot.

Took all the "clutter" off the rear hatch...so much cleaner. image.jpg

Installed my RSB today, check sig. Also if anyone would be interested in buying a JBR drop in filter; I used it for about 25mi to decide if I wanted to use my SRi or the drop for my engine tuning. I chose the sri because I love the sound, although it does hold slightly higher intake temperatures. Let me know, I can make a sale thread or post it on ebay. item here http://www.jamesbaroneracing.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=594

Installed hidden license plate bracket (manually operated). Will get a better picture.

bf65b8495ac0d23d655ca17a365e820b_zpscab8cef2.jpg

Installed a Curt trailer hitch, easiest hitch install ever. My only gripe is the powder coating on the hitch is poor at best. It came with a lot of chipped off paint which required a lot of sanding, primer and paint before installing.

Saturday I waxed the CX-5.....the dealer had prepeard the car firmly but now it`s time to clay the finish, so far so good, the carwax was determined in 3 weeks, so time to wax !!!! Surf City Garage Barrier Reef Carnauba Wax and polish with M80 of Meguiars with the DAP900. Wheels into the Wheelwax, windows cleaned by Sonax clear and Vision. Trims wiith Poorboys Trim detailer......And her are the results :

Thanks for reading again..............

Just registered in the forum today. I washed, waxed and polished the glass on my CX-5 yesterday. Sadly, have to work today so no updates besides cruising in style :-D

$3 Vinyl MAZDASPEED decals came today. Figured why not? They're .75x7". I wanted one on the front and rear, and here's what I came up with:

I like how that looks or 3rd brake light.

But I don't want the work "SPEED" displayed anywhere visible on my car where cops can see it...

Five-CX your white looks much smoother than mine. My soul red has some pretty serious orange peel going on. Can you share if the paint on the white has a decent amount of orange peel? I'm not sure if the pics represent the paint well...

Five-CX your white looks much smoother than mine. My soul red has some pretty serious orange peel going on. Can you share if the paint on the white has a decent amount of orange peel? I'm not sure if the pics represent the paint well...

My soul red is the same way, especially on the quarter panels. I was at the Long Beach Indy Car race over the weekend and Mazda had a big display there. The first thing I noticed was the mirror like paint on the display cars which were in factory colors. I asked why they looked so good when every car I see on the lot has serious orange peel (BTW all the clear coats even on other manufacturers have it just more visible on the darker colors). I was told by the marketing rep they have the cars detailed in Irvine at a place by their headquarters. I did some snooping around and found out that each car had 13+ hours of polishing using 6 to seven steps of different pads. So if you want that deep liquid look you either have to pay for a serious detail or get the Opticoat some others have paid for that accomplishes a similar result.

Today

Final payment to Mazda Capital Services setup to go out next week - yeah!
Ordered Wet Okole rear seat cover (all black) Have the front covers since last year. Awesome purchase for the amount of times I get in dirty, sweaty, or drenched from rain especially with sand colored cloth.
Ordered Fumoto Valve F106N
Ordered 3 Mazda oil filters
Ordered cargo net

Back