What have you done to your MSP today?

Got 6-8" of snow here.. The MSP, RX8 and Explorer are parked.. Open diff and summer tires in the MSP mean there is no such thing as traction. RX8, I just don't want to drive in this. The Explorer is 2WD. My girlfriends Accord sufficed.

We've been hammered here at the shop, so I haven't had time to install my new manifold, inlet and outlet gaskets and my exhaust flange and I've been moving so I haven't had time after work.

We've been hammered here at the shop, so I haven't had time to install my new manifold, inlet and outlet gaskets and my exhaust flange and I've been moving so I haven't had time after work.

You've been drinking at your shop?!? I knew it! That's why your engine always explodes isn't it? (burnout)

Reconnected my HVAC control cables that have been left loose behind the dash for 2 months. It'll be great to adjust the temperature/direction of air by using the knobs instead of reaching under the dash and fumbling around.

Decided to go with the the RX8 rims I've been so up in the air about. I've had them sitting for 4 years but the ones i've got are crome so started the process of preping them for paint or powder coat today.Not sure if i can get away with painting without them chipping away and looking nasty over time.

Snug :)

IMAG0971_zpsb0c5b12e.jpg

I've been driving it... That's about it... Still haven't gotten the freaking exhaust leaks fixed and it's annoying. It's great that it runs and drives so well and is quick, but I feel janky as **** with the exhaust leak...

I've been driving it... That's about it... Still haven't gotten the freaking exhaust leaks fixed and it's annoying. It's great that it runs and drives so well and is quick, but I feel janky as **** with the exhaust leak...

Thats because you are janky

MSP is buried under 3 feet of accumulated snow at work. hopefully the 50 degree weather this weekend will help clear everything off of it.

Hey guys just wondering where the msp trunk leak originates from on both of the rear quarters... i already looked into the sealant behind the taillights, sealed them back up... today after washing it, i checked and the water was right back there... could it be going under the trunk weather stripping?

Thanks in advance

Hey guys just wondering where the msp trunk leak originates from on both of the rear quarters... i already looked into the sealant behind the taillights, sealed them back up... today after washing it, i checked and the water was right back there... could it be going under the trunk weather stripping?

Thanks in advance
Have any leaves or debris collected there? Aftet mine sat for 4 months that happened.

The way we chexk for water intrusion is to lay a hose on the car and sit in the car in the area of the leak and unfortunately for you, thats in the trunk.

And Rya, iI'm totally janky.

My MAF took a s*** on me today. Luckily i was 1/2 a mile from work.

Yep that's the only way, crawl into the trunk and have a buddy spray it down with water. Or you can use a flashlight from the outside and see if you see light coming through any cracks.

In my MSP the driver's side trunk 'well' gets water fairly often but the right side is always dry.

But water doesn't pass through the vent unless you power wash up inside the bumper cover, it's probably leaking from elsewhere.

Weather stripping on the trunk can go bad with age. It tends to shrink and stop sealing well. Happened with my Honda, happened with my P5. Something to think about.

Weather stripping on the trunk can go bad with age. It tends to shrink and stop sealing well. Happened with my Honda, happened with my P5. Something to think about.

Might get a new one... someone also told me rust under the weather stripping might. Cause water to pass also

Might get a new one... someone also told me rust under the weather stripping might. Cause water to pass also

My leak sits behind the passenger seat. The carpet tends to get soaked when it rains heavily. Has been happening for a while and cannot find the source.

My leak sits behind the passenger seat. The carpet tends to get soaked when it rains heavily. Has been happening for a while and cannot find the source.

My P5 did the same. Had a hole in the floor. Easily found but never fixed.

Latest posts

Back