Show me your CX-5 wheels

Stock 17's powdercoated matte bronze.

IMG_4632.jpg

Been so bored waiting for delivery of my CX5 so have bought these on 20x9j rims with 245/45/20 wheels
Wow only taken four months

Ohh, would be dead keen to know what these 20's look like on your car when it arrives and also a picture from behind the car?

I'll be looking to go from the stock 17's to either 19 or 20's, after the first set of rubber needs changing....

I own a silver CX5 GT, I am planning to downgrade my wheels from 19' to 18' as I like the Enkei STR5 rims below. What type and size of tires should I get for great handling and ride comfort in all seasons ?
The first question I also should have asked is do you think downgrading the stock 19' wheel to 18' is a good thing to do on a CX5 ?

http://tireswheelsdirect.com/product_landing_wheels.php?id=757

product_landing_wheels.php

Last edited:
Will post pictures when all sorted.I also paid for spare cx5 exhaust box will take to work to weld on megaflow tips 4inch seems the flavour of the forum.

Will post pictures when all sorted.I also paid for spare cx5 exhaust box will take to work to weld on megaflow tips 4inch seems the flavour of the forum.

I'm waiting for the pics me too when it will be all done. Looking forward for the final look.

I own a silver CX5 GT, I am planning to downgrade my wheels from 19' to 18' as I like the Enkei STR5 rims below. What type and size of tires should I get for great handling and ride comfort in all seasons ?
The first question I also should have asked is do you think downgrading the stock 19' wheel to 18' is a good thing to do on a CX5 ?

http://tireswheelsdirect.com/product_landing_wheels.php?id=757

product_landing_wheels.php

There are quite a few good choices of tires if you downsize to 18". Lots of people here have picked good tires to put on their CX-5s, so there will be no shortage of opinions I would bet. I like Goodyear Eagle GTs, for the combination of soft rubber and decent life expectancy. They also have a sidewall design that helps protect your rims, and appears wider than they really are (225 looks like a 235, etc).

I actually like the stock rim look (both 17 and 19), but I agree with many about the "stance" of the vehicle not looking quite right. I think the cx-5 looks sooo much better when the wheels are a little more flush. I would think that a spacer and a slightly wider tire (ie 235/65/17's) might greatly improve the appearance (I realize these tires would be 1+mph off @ 60 mph). So my question is... is it easy to add spacers? What issues are there to consider?

There should be more than enough clearance given that you don't go too wide and tall of a tire. Factory 225/50-19 will fit fine on a 19x8 and you can even go 235. The wheel well allow enough space to clear the fenders and fender liners even on 19x8 +35.

This here is the factory 19x7 +55 (or +53, forgot) running on 225/50-19 and 20 MM spacers.

p2.jpg

p1.jpg

p1.jpg

Help can i use

Hi i have been given a set of nearly new works rims for free due to seller messing up
they are 20" on 9j where it all went pear shaped because they where advertised as ET +48 but they are ET+24 basically will they stick to far out from the arches and wondering what the steering going to be like any ideas

Attachments

• IMAG0308.jpg
    IMAG0308.jpg
    721.1 KB · Views: 700
Hi i have been given a set of nearly new works rims for free due to seller messing up
they are 20" on 9j where it all went pear shaped because they where advertised as ET +48 but they are ET+24 basically will they stick to far out from the arches and wondering what the steering going to be like any ideas

If your wheels are 9" wide w/ 24mm offset, I think that means the outside of your wheel would be about 2 inches farther out than the factory wheels (not sure if my math is correct, and not exactly sure what the factory offset is... 50mm? If so, +26mm (~1") for offset, and +1" for a tire that is 2" wider). ...Which means they would probably stick out a little bit. Judging from SayNoToPiston's pics in the post that I quoted above, about 20mm (.8") looks to put the wheel about flush.

Here is my 2013 Maxx Sport - with 20x8.5 TSW Donningtons with Pirelli Pzero 245/45 R20's

1078713_10151572991094786_979968379_o.jpg

Hey Stu - Thanks for posting your CX5 with 20 TSW's! This is the wheel I want to put on mine when it arrives (Soul Red colour with mudflaps...)

Could you take a photo from behind the car in the middle, I'd like to see how the 8.5 width of your wheels look. (Does the wheel stick out from the top of the wheel arch at all?) Also, did you consider going for 8's or why do you choose the 8.5's?

Thanks,
JustMazda

Back