Cosmo Roll Call

Frank.

I just fell in love with this vehicle as soon as i drove it.. theres just nothing like it.

Thanks for the advice.
Thats exactly what I was planning to do with as soon as the winter weather hits.

I was fortunate enough to find a Japanese rotary mechanic near my area as well so I think she will be in good hands :)

Hey Danny,, looking good,, that is some fat rubber you have on the back,, what size are they?
I love the licence plate as well,, we have to be a bit more creative in the UK we can buy personalised plates but only ones that have actually been issued by the DVLA
so what you have to do is try and make the plate either fit your car or you if you like having your name (I am not that sad) but I do like a plate that represents the car

I managed to get B20 and 3 letters TTR (turbo triple rotor) people who know what the car is will understand the plate,, which is not that many over here (cheers2)

I loathe you for having this plate, I'm still trying to come up and find a good one. ;-)

Ant

Hi Ant,, are you getting withdrawl symptons yet !!

and the plate only cost 249 (second)
what ar you going to be like when I get the neon side skirts on (rockon)

keep in touch
Frank

Hi guys! I'm from Russia.
90 JCESE
She was 8 years without a motor, I bought a donor in Japan and restored her.
I badly speak in English, so that as you understand;)
48cf105bde8bc5f7-large.jpg

48cf105c182632b9-large.jpg

48cf105c2512eb75-large.jpg

48cf105c0cf1d88e-large.jpg

Video on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1CbdUtvEsM&feature=plcp

Dennis

Last edited:
Hi Ant,, are you getting withdrawl symptons yet !!

and the plate only cost 249 (second)
what ar you going to be like when I get the neon side skirts on (rockon)

keep in touch
Frank

Frank - I found a couple of possibles the other night. A few excellent ones I came up with not available though, bah!

I just got a large box delivered in the UK from Japan I got some goodies to play with in a few weeks when I'm back, some bits from the UK and a small stash here to take back :p

Rgds

Ant

Hi guys! I'm from Russia.
90 JCESE
She was 8 years without a motor, I bought a donor in Japan and restored her.
I badly speak in English, so that as you understand;)

Dennis

Hi Dennis, Clean looking Cosmo!

Is that an Apexi RSM on the dash? Did it successfully remove the speed limit and boost cut? I'm eyeing up both the Apexi RSM and Blitz i-color at the moment.

Thanks

Ant

Frank - I found a couple of possibles the other night. A few excellent ones I came up with not available though, bah!

I just got a large box delivered in the UK from Japan I got some goodies to play with in a few weeks when I'm back, some bits from the UK and a small stash here to take back :p

Rgds

Ant

Spill the beans what have you been buying now?

I enclose a liitle picture for you to look at,, enjoy

Attachments

• P1020279(1).jpg
    P1020279(1).jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 179
Lets see if I can remember everything:-

* Spare turbo pack and pipes etc (was cheap and good condition and in the UK) just incase
* Large Intercooler (might be a little too big - will be tight, if not need to organise hard pipes and connectors)
* Viton hoses and high temp zip ties (as per thread)
* New fly back transformer and transistors in an attempt to get the screen to power on
* Couple of new badges/emblems (don't need them, nice to have)
* Okuyama Carbing front brace
* Okuyama Carbing rear brace
* Okuyama Carbing cooling plate

Eyeing up but not acquired yet:-

* Blitz i-color + sensors
* Apexi RSM
* Brakes - something like the K-sports or late FD calipers with RX-8 disks

Yes yes very nice picture, I'll go get some LEDs and install those too ;-)

Rgds

Ant

Hi Dennis, Clean looking Cosmo!

Is that an Apexi RSM on the dash? Did it successfully remove the speed limit and boost cut? I'm eyeing up both the Apexi RSM and Blitz i-color at the moment.

Thanks

Ant
Yes this Apexi RSM. But I'm not able to remove the restriction:( I have until the restriction has been lifted but I hope that for the next season I can do it.
One guy was able to do it with the help of RSM, He lives in Moscow. We have 9 Cosmo in Russia.

Blitz i-color- is this boost controller?

Sorry. You understand me?

Hi Dennis,
Yes I understand perfectly :)

Did you wire the RSM in to both the ECU and the automatic transmission ECU? This is how the diagrams suggest it needs to be done. My understanding is this is why a normal speed cut limiter doesn't work, you need to cut the speed wire and interface to the automatic transmission ECU. I could be wrong, I've still not tried myself.

Ues Blitz i-color is a boost controller and display readout. It comes in Spec-S and Spec-R, with the Spec-R using dual solenoids.

Rgds

Ant

Hi Ant.
Yes, I plugged in as described in the instructions,even cut the wire 180k! But the restriction is not lifted. RSM has a 2-channel connection,it is possible to connect to 2 channel, I plugged in the first. This I will try it the next season, as we have the winter starts, and she is very cold, and I don't go on Cosmo. If you can do that, then Please write how and what and where to connect.

Dennis

Welcome, Jareth...That's a slick looking Cosmo, I dig the two-tone...Thanks for joining the Community!

If you can, please post a new thread and tell us about your Cosmo...I'm sure my fellow EC Owners would be interested to know more as well...:)

Will do. I'll have to give it a wash after all this rain, first. I'll post something up tomorrow after I snap more recent pictures.

Hi folks. Newbie from Canada here. I work for a gentleman who has a significant car collection. We've just added a '72 Cosmo 110S to the herd. It's a fabulous little car with only 59,000km. Runs well and seems to do everything it should. Looking for recommendations on where to start looking for spare parts for these rare little machines. Thanks!

Dale

Great addition! I've only just recently seen a Cosmo Sport in person. Yahoo Auctions Japan has some spare parts every now and then, but they are expensive. Still worth a look to see what you can find.

whoo.. Cosmo 110S I havent seen that in person before. Very Nice
Going to Mazda museum end of Sep so im looking forward to that. (too bad the timing didnt work out for me .. otherwise I would have gone to the Mazda Fan Fest in Dec..)

Could actually do a mini cosmo meet in western Canada now.. (3) haha :p

Back